*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625323-Quickie-Note
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#625323 added December 20, 2008 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
Quickie Note...
Life

Well, as usual, I'm a busy little bee. Today, I have to work, but I want to make sugar cookies with my son, Andrew and we have some shopping to do. Which, of course, doesn't leave me much time on the Internet, as usual. The baking will be fun. Andrew likes to bake and I got us matching Christmas aprons from a girl at work who likes to sew.

Writing

I got the "Honest Scrap" award from fellow WDC member Vivian . I'll be posting my "Honest Scrap" awards on Monday. (I have Monday off and I'll have time to post the award on Monday) The Honest Scrap award: (from Viv's blog)

Scrap means left overs, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over. So, we need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.

The guidelines for winning this award include the following:

1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers

I'm looking forward to posting on Monday. *Smile*

My writing thought of the day comes from a WDC newsletter I saw and in it, the editor tackled verbs. She had a paragraph up and listed a lot of "was" verbs along with some passive voice. It was a great example of how NOT to write. That said, look for me to tackle "passive voice" in an upcoming blog entry.

Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625323-Quickie-Note