*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626702-Chapter-14-The-End
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Teen · #1447720
This is me as a freshmen in high school. One word for you: beware. :-)
#626702 added December 30, 2008 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 14: The End
Chapter 14: The End

I would like to abruptly end this tortuous piece of literature that I have chosen to write in my distress and futile attempt to get over the very boy mentioned quite a few times, if not the majority of this fictional piece centering around him.  The truth is that I’ve been exaggerating and being melodramatic like I always am.  I would like to set the record straight that while this does seem like a good story, it’s really not.  It’s a story about and by a pathetic girl who can’t get over her ex-boyfriend.  I would like to end this sad excuse for a novel on a positive, honest note.  At the time, I thought it was suspenseful to disclose the information that prompted the whole writing of this story in the first place.  I’m sure by now, you are wondering why Chris and I broke up.  Of course, his name really isn’t Chris, and I’ve probably ruined the name Chris by now because I’ve used Chris as interchangeably as his own name in my own life.  The name Chris reminds me as much of him as his real name, but that makes no difference.  The truth is that once Chris and I started going out, it became boring.  It was the chase that brought us together, and I’m sure that’s true of most relationships.  I can’t talk like I know so much about relationships because I don’t.  All I know is that he moved more than three hundred miles away, and I wasn’t going to try to make a long-distance relationship work.  Especially one that was hardly a relationship at all considering we were both in 9th grade.  Fortunately for me, this story falsely illustrates my personal reality in dealing with Chris’s absence.  Today will be the last time I glance at this writing because it will only bring back unnecessary memories.  I chose to write this autobiography of freshmen year because I didn’t want to forget anything that happened.  I didn’t want the memories to fade, but now I realize that I need to forget to some extent.  I can’t keep obsessing over this boy who I never even loved.  He was just a boy that I spent my pathetic freshmen year chasing and finally catching.  My melodramatic self was completely pathetic in the month of November, but after we actually broke up, I wasn’t heartbroken.  Mostly it was because I knew we weren’t breaking up because of any problems between us, but it was something we couldn’t control.  Also, in the months after our breakup, I selfishly indulged in texting him just as I had when we were going out.  After an intense period of not talking to him for two months, I gave in and began talking to him again.  My unhealthy obsession led past feelings to resurface and hurt all over again.  Somehow, I managed to control my seemingly uncontrollable body and got over him.  Of course, the many, many miles between the two of us have been a great help to the healing process.  It’s not like I had any right to be hurt since I was the one who had technically broke up with him, although it was mutual.  The hurt only came from missing him.  Even today, I still miss him, not as a boyfriend but as a friend.  As hard as it is to believe, Chris and I are still friends to this day.  It might not be the happy ending you or I were hoping for, but it is somewhat of a happy ending.  And we both lived happily ever after—sort of. 


The End
© Copyright 2008 Marcie Kae (UN: iheartdogs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marcie Kae has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626702-Chapter-14-The-End