*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626829-Keeping-up-with-life
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#626829 added December 30, 2008 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping up with life...
Well, I thought I'd drop a line about how busy I've been. Let's face it - the holidays are always a hectic time.

24 DEC
Well I had this brianchild idea that I could get the family together and cook perogri's. (a Polish kind of ravioli) with a dough outside and a potato/cheese filling. I wanted to make tons of them and spend the afternoon cooking them. Well, it got off to a good start, but I failed to realize that not everyone wanted to cook them like I did. Needless to say, my husband wiped out a few comments that made me feel bad about even involving him. I was in a sad, foul, hurt mood until we had it out on Christmas. Other than that the Christmas Eve dinner went well and Joseph and Andrew had a blast exchanging ornaments.

25 DEC
I was still stewing over my husband's insensitive comments and we had it out. I was a "bitch" and got a half ass "I'm sorry" from him. I just sucks that I can't get my point across without being a bitch. I related my tale of sorrow to my friends back home who gave me some great coping tips for the next time it happens. And there will be a next time. I fear after 17 years of marriage my husband is a bit too complacent and I'm an enabler because I have no stomach for verbal altercations.

Other than that we had a great time at my SIL's Kristi's. The food was awesome and Joseph played real well. The only unfortunate thing was my fight w/my husband took away from my joy of getting a laptop.

INBETWEEN
I've been working. I can't complain. I am working. Sadly, my reading and writing are lacking because I have a trainee at work. However, I move to AM watch starting on 4 JAN. I'll be working from 10 at night until 6 in the morning so I should have plenty of time to read and write. (I hope!) My husband has promised to pick up the slack and take Joe to his therapies and I hope he does. I need to sleep from 7 am to at least 4 pm. It will be interesting to see if this schedule really works out or is my own private hell for the next 3 months until I can change watches.

THE WRITING WORLD
I haven't had a chance to troll the boards lately. I did get some great feedback on my opening chapter of THE WOLF'S KISS which I'm going to retitle THE HUNGARIAN. Now, if only I can find time to write...

Smiles,
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626829-Keeping-up-with-life