*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628783-Introspection
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#628783 added January 9, 2009 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Introspection
Don't everyone keel over from shock . . . I rarely blog twice in one week, let alone twice in one day.  But recent events have had me spending quite a bit of time thinking back to my childhood, and the kind of person I was back then, compared to the person I've become.  Reconnecting with people that I knew in high school, middle school, and elementary school I start to wonder - why would they want to reconnect with me?  Do they want to reconnect with me?  Let's face it . . . I spent a lot of time being teased and crying as a child.  I wasn't very skilled at connecting with others, and I struggled mightily as a result. 

So why did I decide to blog about something so decidedly personally unflattering?  Right in the midst of this introspection, I happened to glance at today's horoscope.  I typically don't place a lot of credence in horoscopes; in fact I rarely take it upon myself to read them at all.  So the fact that I decided to read it at all sort of compounded my reaction to the message I found:

Cancer (June 22 - July 22): You have become a hearth around which many gather to feel the warmth and wisdom radiated by your affectionate soul.  You are the embodiment of everything you once admired in others.

That took my breath away . . . is it true?  I've had many friends over the past year express something similar to me, yet I always hesitate to accept it as the truth.  Being a haven - a support and source of comfort for others, brings me such joy.  If it's not true, it's certainly what I aspire to. 

I thank you to the friends who have taken me on this journey, held my hands and guided me, and brought me safely through the other side.  I am the one who has been blessed.

** Image ID #1355452 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2009 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628783-Introspection