*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632631-The-Bad-Part-About-Home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1497286
My blog and random ramblings...
#632631 added January 28, 2009 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
The Bad Part About Home
While I enjoy brief visits back home (or in today's case, an overnight visit) there is one thing that I miss about being at my apartment. My family insists on communicating by yelling around the house and it drives me crazy. My roommates and I all come from families with at least one sibling and we have come to a simple rule. Unless it is during a sporting event (and it has to be a big one) there is to be no yelling from room to room. Our philosophy is that if its important enough to be said, you should be so inclined as to walk to the room where the other person is and speak to them there. My family has no such rules and the loudest one is my mother. It drives me crazy. "Who left the basement lights on?" (That was me, by the way, carrying empty boxes that I'm going to be using and nobody bothered to help me....*Rolleyes*) "Go make your lunches" "Get upstairs and go to bed" (Those being directed at my two youngest brothers and which are yelled every night...) *Angry* It drives me crazy.

Anyway, we found a dead mouse in the office today. Well, PJ and I found it. It was in the crawl-space at the back of the basement which we use to store off season uniforms and other equipment we are not currently using. I went up there to grab stuff for the upcoming fundraiser. PJ asked if it was a real mouse or a toy from Halloween. I didn't even see it until I had climbed out of the crawl space and looked back. Then we began the debate as to whether or not tell Kraig. PJ said Kraig would probably just make one of us get it. I replied that I don't get paid enough to deal with dead animals. So we still haven't told Kraig....probably not the best idea, but oh well. If worse comes to worse, the dog will get up in there and take care of it for us! *Bigsmile*

So as I prepare to take off for Egypt in less than one week, I'm getting very excited. However, I will miss my brother Peter leaving for Marines training the following Monday, but that's alright. I've said my piece and if nothing happens between now and then, we'll go our separate ways on good terms. And if not, then I won't have to see him until May.

Alright, that about wraps it up for today!

© Copyright 2009 'Rav - Overflooding... (UN: aravan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
'Rav - Overflooding... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632631-The-Bad-Part-About-Home