*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633391-White-Background-Accessibility-and-Image-Borders
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#633391 added February 2, 2009 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
White Background, Accessibility and Image Borders
Greetings,

As previously announced via sitewide email, the site has changed it's background color to white. For those making images, the hex code is FFFFFF.)

The biggest concern from our members was from those with visual impairments. We spent some time and developed an option to help these members better to enjoy Writing.Com without straining to view the screen. On the My Account -> Edit Preferences, look for the Darken Background Color setting. Within this setting, we've included both the original pale yellow along with a light grey.

For those members with images on the original yellow background color, we've added an option to add a thing grey border around the image. This helps easy the problem of an off-white image background placed onto an all white background.


We appreciate the diversity of opinions on the color that were expressed after it's announcement. We're sure that after the change has worn off, the vast majority of old and new members will be very happy that the background color change took place.

Best wishes,
~~SM

© Copyright 2009 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633391-White-Background-Accessibility-and-Image-Borders