*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635827
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1523653
Story of a vampire prince and how his life is playing out differently than anyone planned
#635827 added February 19, 2009 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3: Love and Confusion
The ball ended and Alexandros headed off to his room with a sense of gloom about himself. Out of the corner of his eye he saw that young man standing outside one of the doorways about 3 doors down from Alexandros' bedchamber. He stopped and watched the magnificent young man for a few moments until the young man turned to look at him and Alexandros jumped and shook himself then took the few steps forward so he was standing in front of his own doorway and looked at the young man before opening the door and entering his room. As soon as he got the door closed he sighed heavily and threw himself onto his bed and fell asleep thinking and hating how things were turning out.


He woke up to his cat pawing at his face lovingly. He laughed softly and rolled over onto his side and the cat took that as his cue to lay down next to him and fall asleep purring as Alexandros rubbed its ears. He laid there like that for awhile listening to his cat purr and thinking to himself. He was lost in thought when one of the servants knocked on his door gently before entering with his evening meal. He sat up and motioned for the food to be brought to his bed for him to eat. The servant did as the prince wished then left after bowing deeply.


Alexandros was enjoying his meal when his brothers came in quietly and watched him before bursting out, rather loudly, about how gorgeous his betrothed was and how jealous they were. Alexandros shrugged and went back to his food. His brothers jaws all dropped at how nonchalant their brother seemed about this whole topic. Like he didn't care at all. They were all in shock and then Xailon walked over and sat on his younger brother's bed and said quietly, "Alexandros, why do you seem not to care about what is going on?"


Alexandros shrugged before turning and getting off his bed and going to his balcony to watch the moon. He loved to watch the moon and the light from it reflect off the waterfalls. It calmed him and helped him relax more. Usually at least. But tonight not to well, for as he turned his head to the left he saw on the balcony down right next to his was that beautiful young man. His breath caught in his threat and his jaw clenched and he tensed up as he felt his cheeks start to burn. he turned and rushed back to his room. His brothers, thinking that his betrothed was out there and had caused this reaction went to see her. They were all taken aback when they saw a young man standing there looking very confused.


Then they all looked at the young man then back at their brother who was curled up in his favorite chair hiding his face against his knees. It all made sense to them suddenly. And they waved to the young man and went back into Alexandros' chamber and each one  patted their brother's shoulder gently before leaving the room. They all understood but were in shock. No vampire male in their family had ever been attracted to another male. But their frail, pale and very kind brother was and they were very worried about him.


Alexandros sat there for at least an hour thinking to himself. He was very confused and wished so badly to go sit on his balcony but he even more afraid the young man would be out there waiting and he knew he was unable to speak to him. He got up out of his chair shakily and headed to his balcony then stopped abruptly and turned sharply and went to his chamber door and opened a little and peaked out into the hallway. He rushed down the hallway to his sister's bedchamber and knocked quietly. After a few moments her maid opened the door and motioned for him to enter. He immediately went to Persephone and flopped on her couch and started crying his heart out. Persephone and her maid both looked startled and went to him and tried to get him to calm down. He was trying to speak but instead just sobbed out the whole story to his confused sister and her maid. Persephone and her maid exchanged confused and very concerned looks before Persephone said quietly, "Marta, will you please get Andros some tea?" Then put her arm around her brother.


The made got the tea quickly and offered it to Alexandros, who took it gratefully. He whispered his thanks before sipping the sweet drink. Persephone watched him for a couple of minutes before asking, "Why are you so upset? Were our brothers teasing you again?"


Alexandros looked up startled then looked down at his tea cup and said simply, "I am in love."


The girls looked very happy and his sister said, "That's great. You will have a loving marriage then. She is a sweet and very kind girl. I'm glad you like her." She smiled and motioned for her maid to bring her a cup of tea also.


Alexandros shook his head and bit his lip slightly then winced because one of his fangs went into the lip a little. He tensed up and whispered, "Not..with her." then looked ashamed of himself and set the tea down before curling up on the couch.


The girls looked at each then smiled and the maid said, "If I may say Your Highness, but if you are in love do not be ashamed. For it is a blessing."


Persephone smiled and nodded her agreement then hugged her favorite brother gently and hummed softly. Alexandros slowly started to relax. He got lost in his thoughts and the flickering flames from the candles in the the black jeweled candlesticks on his sister's low couch table in front of him. He was brought back from his thoughts when his sister nudged him gently and said, "Who is it? What is her name?"


Alexandros stiffened noticeably and looked at the floor and felt ashamed. Persephone and her maid watched him then Persephone said, "You don't have to say."


Alexandros bit his lip hard then whispered, "I don't know his name."


Both girls looked very surprised and the maid said out of turn, "You mean her name right, Your Highness?"


They looked at the maid and Persephone maid a sign for the girl to be silent then turned to her brother and said, "Who is it brother dear?"


Alexandros took a deep breath and...


Αλεξανδρος
© Copyright 2009 Αλεξ (UN: irishfire986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Αλεξ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635827