*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637620-Working-Girl
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#637620 added February 25, 2009 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Working Girl
Well, I went to my campus visit at VCU and found the Graduate school faculty to be very pleasant and supportive. They practically had my class schedule planned for the entire program before I even darkened their door! That's already more guidance than I received during all four years as an undergraduate and I haven't even moved to Richmond yet. The dark cloud to all these silver linings is that the school won't be able to fund me to the degree that will cover all my expenses. I will need to work my way through school again, a depressing realization. It was suggested by the faculty to look into jobs at the medical school because of previous experience in research labs. Unfortunately, there wasn't much available on the employment website so it looks like a transfer to the new Whole Foods might the safest option, if not the most attractive. I'm thinking a position as an overnight stocker for produce or grocery will be the best in terms scheduling with classes. I can work 30 hrs a week and keep my health benefits and discount card.

Ugh, fulltime school with fulltime job and I'll STILL need to take out loans to cover my tuition. This economy BLOWS!!

© Copyright 2009 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637620-Working-Girl