*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637995
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#637995 added February 27, 2009 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
Grandma's Old House, Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames
My cousin Sam is remodeling Grandma's old house. It was an ugly farm house that was brown and got aluminum siding put on it. The house was white. It is two stories and was anything but fancy. Now, that it is being remodeled, some of the rooms look like a house out of Country Living. I don't know how my grandparents would feel about it if they were still alive. Grandma never got a nicer house while she was alive but she and Grandpa always bought new cars and Grandma loved buying shoes and purses. I am sure Grandma is smiling from Heaven. She had a happy life with Grandpa. At least her house wasn't torn down. It lives again.

Sam found my Nancy Drew and Cherry Ames books that I left upstairs at Grandma's house. . Nancy solved over a 100 mysteries, never had a Law Degree and she stayed 18? I wish I was still 18 and never aged. I loved reading Nancy Drew. Teen-age girls admire her. She solved crimes and yet her books were entertaining and the author Carolyn Keene wrote on a level we can relate to. I bought and read every Nancy Drew book every published until I was 20 something. I started reading them when I was 10 years old. Nancy Drew will always be a favorite of teen-aged girls. Nancy will solve cases and never age. Amazing!

Cherry Ames. She was a Nurse. Cherry Ames was an Army Nurse, hospital Nurse, Candy Stripper and was a Nurse of all trades. She was in every field of nursing. I loved reading Cherry Ames nursing adventures. I can relate to her. I work in nursing and I have taken care of the elderly, mentally retarded and mentally ill. I have adventures, too in nursing. Cherry Ames is like a part of me. I never knew that when I read her books that I would someday be in nursing. I love writing best but I can't make a living at it but seeing my old Cherry Ames books gave me a sense of pride about nursing. It isn't a glamorous job but it is a worth while one and I should be happy to be part of it. As for being a writer, it is an added bonus. Maybe I can have it all!

** Image ID #1164953 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1173342 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2009 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637995