*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640439-People-Are-So-Rudeand-So-Impatient
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#640439 added March 14, 2009 at 7:24pm
Restrictions: None
People Are So Rude...and So Impatient
People Are So Rude...and So Impatient
by Marilyn Mackenzie




I went to the grocery store today and as soon as I drove into the parking lot, I knew it would be crowed inside. I drove around for a while trying to find a parking place fairly close to the store. My pains were great today, and I didn't want to walk too much, since I would be walking in the store. (You know...I've come to love shopping carts. They act like my very own "walker" to help me navigate. Even when I'm only picking up a few things, I make sure I lean on a shopping cart.)

When I got to the door, I saw a real mess. Some dear, sweet older lady had dropped one of her shopping bags and spilled food all over the floor just inside the door. Her blueberry packages opened up and there were blueberries everywhere!

The woman was near tears and apologizing for making such a mess. (I'm sure she was also upset about possibly losing some of the foods she had just purchased, but store personnel replaced them for free.)

Three store employees were down on their knees picking up blueberries.

And about a dozen or more people were getting loud and angry about being inconvenienced while they waited for the blueberries to be picked up. They could have easily used the other door to leave, but they preferred getting perturbed.

Finally, one of the managers decided that they could not keep the customers waiting any longer. He told his employees to just let the people pass. And pass they did. It appeared that some of them purposely ran over the blueberries with their carts so they would be ground into the carpet.

What is wrong with people?


© Copyright 2009 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640439-People-Are-So-Rudeand-So-Impatient