*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645884-Character-Counts
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#645884 added April 19, 2009 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Character Counts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY





By know everyone has heard of Susan Boyle or should have after 5 million hits on YouTube. And every major news organization showing the clip and interviewing her. Thanks topsey for bringing her to my attention before the media frenzy.





Ms Boyle is the 40 something lady who wowed the Britian's Got Talent audience with her beautiful voice. Something not expected from a frumpy, middle-age "never been kissed" woman.





But more than her voice, I think that  her character needs to be celebrated. Ms. Boyle put her dreams of singing professionally aside to take care of her mother. When you listen to her speak in her interviews, Ms Boyle is not bitter, resentful or angry. She is accepting and nice. Niceness doesn't seem like a virtue we celebrate anymore.





There is an article here that says it better and more indepth than I can.





Susan is a reminder that it's time we all looked a little deeper. She has lived an obscure but important life. She has been a companionable and caring daughter. It's people like her who are the unseen glue in society; the ones who day in and day out put themselves last. They make this country civilised and they deserve acknowledgement and respect.





http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/featuresopinon/display.var.2501746.0.The_bea...








I just have one prayer for Susan Boyle and that is that she is now wise. That a media conglomerate doesn't come along and wrap her up six ways to Sunday with contracts, overexpose her and squeeze her of her money and talent.





Yes folks


I'm a cynic and a realist.


I hope her friends at the pub where she sang really do watch out for her.





beach signature of my name

© Copyright 2009 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645884-Character-Counts