*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648816-Chapter-7-KC
by Kayla
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #1558244
Having to save a race you hate! Poor Mother Nature! Maybe it'll work out!
#648816 added May 16, 2009 at 5:45pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 7-K.C.
The dress is absolutely perfect. It brung out my eyes and it hugged my figure. I hope they like me. This is going really fast. I just met him yesterday. Maybe this isn’t a good idea. I have to talk to Meeka.

“Meeka! Can I talk to to you for a minute?!”

“Yeah, what’s up?” she answered, walking into the room.

“I was just thinking. . . maybe this is going too fast. I mean, I just met him yesterday. All I know about him is his name, and I’m already meeting everyone. I just don’t know about this.”

“K.C. today is your day, but do you really think I wouldn’t tell you if I thought this was wrong? You know me better than that. I know this is going really fast but I think he’s trustworthy. You only turn seventeen once girl, have fun.”

“I guess you’re right. So how do I look. I know the dress is perfect, but what about my hair?”

“ Es perfecto! Don’t worry  so much. He and Rob will be back soon so hurry up! Andele!”

“Okay, okay. I have to find one more thing, and then I’m ready.”

“Then find it, ahora.”

I quickly went through my suitcase, and it was nowhere to be seen. Where could it be. I know I put it in here. I hear Meeka calling my name, but this is important. I have to find it. There it is!

“I said come on right now! Ahorita!”

“Sorry! I couldn’t find it. I have it now so let’s go.” I said hurrying out the door. “Sorry, I had to find something. Let’s go.”

(ten minutes pass)
This house is huge! I never thought there was a house this big. How could people live in a house this big. I’d probably get lost. Incredible.

“I had no idea your house was this big! Wow! I love it already and I haven’t seen the inside. How come you didn’t tell me?”

“I don’t know. I forgot. I really didn’t think about it.” he said

“She’s right about one thing. I love it too. Who do you live with anyway?” Meeka  said.

“It’s just me and mom right now. My two older brothers went off to college.”

“You mean only four people lived here. That’s just crazy. It would feel to. . . I don’t know. I mean, I’m claustrophobic but damn, that’s too big.” I said.

“I guess I just got used to it over time. Besides, the only time I’m home is at night and days i'm only here  on special occasions.”

“Come on, I’m ready to party. We didn’t come to just stand out here talking all night.” rob complained.

As soon as we entered a loud cheer erupted, and people came forward wth happy birthdays’ and then it was just like a normal house party. We danced and danced and just had fun. It was definitely the best birthday I’ve ever had. At eleven thirty we left and went back to the woods. Twenty-five minutes later in the middle of the woods we kissed. I have never been so passionate in my life. Minutes later we broke off the kiss and I said, “I know nothing about you except your name but, I feel like I love you. I’ve never felt love for anyone besides my friends.

“I feel like that too. I feel like anything could happen and we could stay together.”

At that moment, a lunar rainbow spread across the sky and my legs gave out. In that instant, my memories returned to me and it turned midnight. How could I fall in love with a human. Well, he’s really a half-breed, but still. This is unacceptable. He’s the chosen one. I cannot fall in love with him.

“Are you okay, K.C.? What happened.”

“My memories returned to me. I’m sorry to have to do this to you after what just happened, but I find it easier to just get it over with. There is no use in putting it off.”

“You got your memories back? No use putting it off? What’s going on with you and why do you sound so proper all of a sudden?”

“ I’m not human. Not really. I am Mother Nature sent here in human form to find you and save the world from the destruction that will occur in two months. You yourself are not fully human for your father was Poseidon, god of the sea.”

"What! Are you crazy? We should go. I think you’ve lost your mind.” he said walking away. Suddenly the ground started shaking, and we were surrounded by a smooth, slick seven foot walls of earth.

“Do you see now that I am not crazy? That I am telling the truth?’

“What the hell are you? Why do you want me?”

“I told you that I am Mother Nature. You are son of Poseidon, but you are also the Chosen One.”

“The Chosen One? Me? You must be mistaken. I can’t save the world. Besides I don’t have any special powers.”

“Are you a good swimmer?”

“No. I’ve never even been in the water.’

“Well, let us see to that.” I turned and made a lake in the clearing. “Now, get in and we will see whether you are truly the son of Poseidon.”

“Are you crazy? I can’t swim. I’ll drown!”

“I would not stand by and let you drown. Now get in!” I commanded. He looked startled by my tone. I did not mean to be like that but he irritated me. “I’m sorry. I lost my grip on my temper. Will you please get in so we can get this done and over with.”

He stepped cautiously towards the edge, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and jumped in. The reaction to his presence in the water was immediate. The water started to foam and the water formed a whirlpool. J.B. stood in its middle, wearing an expression of total shock.

“It has been proved” I silently commanded the water to go back into the earth. “We should go. You have a lot to think about.” I told him.“The gods have many children hee on earth. Most, like you do not  know of this. It is only when a god awakens them as I have just done. I must tell you that I have no clue why they have chidren on Earth. Humans are a destructive race. Selfish and unreliable. I also must warn you not to speak to anyone about what just happened. I hope you understand the importance of your silence. i'll be watching.”

“I understand. Can we just go? I have to go home and think about all of this. This is a lot to handle.”
 
© Copyright 2009 Kayla (UN: k-anderson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kayla has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648816-Chapter-7-KC