*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649580
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#649580 added May 13, 2009 at 5:03pm
Restrictions: None
Day 5 / Word Cnt: 500+
{word cnt: 523}

A man entered her cell a few hours later and upon entering he said, Mrs. Locker I am your lawyer, your Mother called me and said you need a lawyer and she filled me in but I will need some information from you. She just looked at him and he smiled at her. Do you need some ice for that he said, again she just looked at him.

He turned and hollered to the guard just down the way hey, could we have some ice in here, ice? Yes please and maybe some kind of a rag or even a baggie? What for? Have you seen her face? No. Well then get some ice please.

The attorney begins to talk to her. Could you tell me your name? Sarah my name is Sarah Locker. Sarah you need to tell me what happened, I mean I can help you but you are gonna have to talk to me and again she just looked at him.

Finally the guard came with the ice and said oh I could find was a baggie so I hope this helps. Dear God what happened to her, Mam are you okay? Do you need me to get a doctor? Have you been seen? The attorney looked at her as she said Yes, No and no. Um mam I think you should be looked at. I am okay sir thank you. The guard walked away shaking his head.

The attorney put some ice in the baggie and put it up to her face her one eye was now swelled shut but she did not say or do anything as he put the baggie on her it really felt cool upon her face except for the sting, which she never said one word about.

Okay Sarah is there anything you need from the house? can I get you anything. No nothing that I can think of. How about a toothbrush? They gave me one sir.

How long Sarah? How long what sir? How long has he been beating on you? A very long time, a very long time sir. Tell me Sarah. She looked at him but would not say anything. He repeated it, Sarah tell me. What is it that you want to know sir? Tell me what happened. I shot him! I shot him! and she began to cry but wipe them away quickly.

I know that know part Sarah, what happened before you shot him? Again she just looked at him. He said Sarah in order for me to help you I have to know, I have to know everything, do you understand? She just looked at him. Do you want them to put you to death? What about your kids? She said there lives are just a horrible as mine and then she dropped her head trying so hard not to cry but it was useless.

Okay I think I know what happened you said something he did not like and thought you were being smart and the argument got out of hand. No sir there was no argument at all. Good Sarah, tell me what happened.

** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649580