*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650544
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#650544 added May 19, 2009 at 5:22am
Restrictions: None
Day 11 / 500 words+
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 599

A couple of months later, is the opening hearing and there seemed to be a lot of long mumbo jumbo that Sarah did not understand but she listened all the same wondering what some of it really meant.

Lawyer talk she thought to her self, as her mind wandered back in time she was thinking of Rick and before they even had kids how he always managed to hurt her, smacking her around and then she was thinking of each one of her children how loving he was when each one of them were born but it did not take long for the real Rick to show back up.

He was always going job to job but always made good money and provided really well, but his luck had begun to give out and his jobs became few far and in between. She was thinking about all the times she left him but always ended up coming back.

She had no friends and most of her family did not want her around because of Rick even her Mom and Dad stop letting her come to their house when he would beat the tire out of her she fought back the tears in the courtroom.

Many of the people there were all looking at her as if they were waiting for some kind of emotion out of her but she did not notice that her thoughts were much deeper. Just then she heard the other lawyer call her a cold blooded murderer.

Then the calling of witness's began. And where did they begin? At the end where Sarah shot him and not just shot him but killed him. The other side seems to think that Sarah just shot him for no reason at all. They have this ideal that one day she just woke up got mad at an argument
and then shot him.

No way did that happen she thought to herself, her lawyer was sitting next to her and lean over and said is that not the stupidest thing you ever heard? She just looked at him as she was unable to speak.

She then looked around and saw his family on one side his Mom and Dad looked so hurt, and that is when it hit her about his family and she felt bad for them, however, they also let Rick get by with a lot of things and knew just as well if not better than her own family how Rick was and how horrible he treated her.

But when they began to be questioned on the stand they made Rick out to be this wonderful man it was totally unbelivable! She was not really surprised though. No matter what Rick did he was the favorite son, or brother, or uncle, or nephew, or cousin.

His family tried to help Sarah a couple of times but ended up having to call the cops on him themselves. Rick had beaten his own Dad up once for getting in between Rick and her! Sarah wondered if the truth would be told at all.

He lawyer was steady writing it all down and had this smirk on his face as if he could not wait to question Rick's dad who was up on the stand first. Sarah really felt bad for them, for they could not even control there son and she had taken him there favorite away and that is how they saw it to.

© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650544