*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650726
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#650726 added May 20, 2009 at 6:59am
Restrictions: None
Day 12 / 500 words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 749

The courtroom was packed and a hush came over the crowd as Sarah's lawyer stood up and slowly walked toward Mr Jack Locker, who is Rick Locker's dad and he handed him a folder and ask him to take a look.

In side the folder were the police reports and Jack Locker got this look on his face, and Sarah's lawyer said tell me what this is sir. Well it looks like reports on my son. Oh and what are these reports? Jack said, they are reports against my son sir. For what Mr Locker? Where he and I got into a big misunderstanding.

What kind of a big misunderstanding would that be? Family business Jack said. Well sir could you read the report? As Jack began to read though you could tell he was getting madder by the minute he finally got to the part where Rick beat his Dad. Stop! Jack looked up at him. No tell me sir why is it your son Rick was beating on you.

Jack lean back into the chair and said it was a misunderstand. A misunderstanding sir? Is that why you had stitches and had him removed from your home because of a misunderstanding? Yes. Well sir tell me, tell us, tell this jury exactly what this misunderstanding was.

Jack looked at the Judge, who told him he must answer the question. As Jack drop his head he whisper because he was smacking her around. An Sarah's lawyer said, come again sir. In a sharp tone and much louder he repeated what he had said in a whisper. He was smacking her around and pointed at Sarah.

Sarah almost fell out of her chair, her lawyer actually got Rick's dad to admit to it! Her lawyer looked over the courtroom, then he looked at Sarah, then he looked at the judge, then he looked at Jack and said. How long did you know your son to be this way? I don't know what you mean but my son was a good boy, he had his whole life a head of him and she killed him and that makes her a murderer!

Sir, how long has your son be beating your daughter in law? I don't know that he has always beat on her. Really? Yes sir! Turn the page Mr. Locker as he flip the page he was looking at another report, tell me what it says sir. It says the police were out to my house over a dispute. Between whom sir? Rick and Sarah. Now that is at your house correct? Well it has my address on the report sir. So that means it happened at your house. Correct. Flip the page and tell me what it is. Another reporting of a dispute between Rick and Sarah. At your house again sir? Correct.

Sarah's lawyer did this to Mr Locker about seventy eight more times and Mr. Locker was getting upset because he knew the truth was coming out about Rick and his behavior with Sarah and he did not like, no he did not like it one little bit.

So Mr. Locker I have more reports of the same thing at my desk but I let you personally look at a few now tell out of just the ones you have shared how many times did you help your daughter in law? What? Well out of eighty times that you have shared alone only one time you help your daughter in law, so my question is, what did you do all those other times?

Well now sir maybe I was not there,! Well Mr. Locker,l not according to the reports sir, answer the question. I don't know. Did you watch? No. When did you stop calling the police? I don't know. Well let's do the math sir, you have eighty reports and there are over thousands of more reports over in my brief case, would you like to take a look at all of them to refresh your memory? No.

My question is, Mr. Locker, What did you do all those other times? I minded my own business. What is between a husband and wife is between them. So what you are saying is you could not handle Rick is that it? No! Really? We called the cops. Not all the time you did not sir, you sat in your house and let him beat the crap out of your daughter in law and did nothing!




© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650726