*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660648-Sarsur
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#660648 added July 24, 2009 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
Sarsur
OK - well, there are things I am used to seeing being in Lebanon. But there is one thing I CANNOT stand. Sarsur - in english - cockroach. EWWWWW. Gawd are they nasty. And did I mention those suckers fly?

Last week, without electricity, I came out of the shower, padded around my bedroom to get ready to go out, saw something on the floor but didn't think twice about it. Put on my slippers, moved around the bed, heard a crunch, again, not thinking about it. Saw the dark thing on the floor, picked it up, only to realize what it was. I turned on the light, just to be sure. OMG - I stepped on the Sarsur, picked it up with my bare hands and set it on the chair. UGH. RABIH!!!!!!!!!!!*Cry* So I got over that. Washed said hand and went about getting ready.

Two days ago, while sweeping the floor and getting ready to toss buckets of water down on the cermaic, I swept a Sarsur out from under my bed. UGH!!. Called RABIH Since it was on it's back, I had hubby kill the sucker so I could finish washing the house down. And damn it, came home from Beirut last night, only to have a damn Sarsur run over my foot, on the balcony, in an attempt to make it into my bedroom. Good Gawd they give me the willies. I HATE THEM!! and that's no lie. If I have to see one more in my house before I head home next week I'll rip my hair out.

I went shopping today. Bought a dress, skirt, three shirts. Woots, go me. Nice to add a bit of color to my purple wardrobe. Yeah, it's getting to be a bit much. I admit it, but only in whish whish (whispers) *Laugh*

Today we head to Hanadi's for dinner, then up to Hela's mom's for Bilal's party since he passed 9th grade. It's a huge deal here. If you can't pass the test, you don't move up. Now all I have to do is decide what I shall wear. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

Zak and Danny and their cousins have made their own movie. Looks like they will premiere it tonight, and I for one, can't wait to see what the minds of my boys have come up with. Bashir just has to add the arabic subtitles and they are good to go, so I must surrender my laptop so the movie can be ready to roll.

Today is Michael and Kelly's wedding day. Sigh. I'm missing it. But, my poem is going to be read right in the beginning. Kinda kewl to know that. Hope the parents get good video and pix. Mom called and said she'd call again tomorrow to give me some details. Since it's going to be an outside wedding, I'm praying it doesn't rain. I want them to have a great day. Although I've heard rain is a good sign. On the way to my reception it poured like a mutha. And here we stand some 17+ years later. I believe, I believe. Mwahahahahaha.

Happy Wedding Day Mike and Kelly ~ I love you both much, and know that everything will go well today. You are in our thoughts. Don't forget to smile. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660648-Sarsur