*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662108-The-grind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#662108 added August 3, 2009 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
The grind
Hmmm, Monday. Yeah, that's what it is all right. Had a pretty packed day, and the jet lag seems to be kicking my booty. Or would that be that damn dog that barks and howls all freakin night, then sleeps all day when the neighborhood is off at work? Hard to say, but my bets on the dog.

First up. Danny's physical. In and out, I couldn't believe it. And yes, of course, I did something oh so stupid. Had originally scheduled physicals for both boys, but Zak decided he wasn't going out for soccer, so I canceled his appointment, only to realize while there that he didn't have his on his birthday. Damn. I have to go back now in three weeks, in the afternoon, when it's ALWAYS busy. *Rolleyes*

Next I drop Danny off and head to get plates for the Monte Carlo. Get inside, snatch #59 out of the machine, check the counter...21 *Cry* So figures. This is why I tend to be there when they open. Transfer title, transfer plate from the Mazda, and ....wait. He's sorry. Two names adorn the title. That means he wants two signatures. I point out that both names apply to the owner. One in her maiden name, and one in her married name. He has an issue. Shit dude, Patty is short for Patricia, in any state. Look it up! So after some sighing, lots of computer checks, I pay my $41 and get the hell outta dodge.

Off to get gas. Filled up the X5, grab a big mac, and head into work. (I admit it, I missed McDonald's while away) Poor hubby, he already looked whipped by the time I made it in. Regular customers were dropping by to greet him, invite us for coffee, etc. Had one customer telling us to go back. He even went so far as to offer to find a buyer for our home so we could move like, TODAY. *Laugh* Yeah that's gonna happen. NOT. Danny needs to get thru 4 years of high school, bust his butt to get as much of a free ride to college as possible, and then can we head out of the states. If the economy were better, I'd sell the house now, down grade to a smaller one, one the boys could live in and manage while going to college, but it's not possible at this time. Great deals out there, but I refuse to take a loss on this property. Stubborn I am. *Wink*

Went to dinner with the boys and my mom. What can I say, my kids are ... interesting. I should probably leave it at that. I informed them that I would be blogging about it, but there is just way too much to tell. Hubby and Nasser showed up as we finished dessert, ready to sit down and eat. We bailed.

Heard a great old song on the radio as I drove home, and wouldn't you know...I wasted the last $15 in my itunes account. Sigh. So here's a good one. I'm kinda stuck in love songs again. Must be the edits of Megan's story. Damn it needs an ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLBcGUvH-s

MAXINE SAYS

Anyone who thinks that cheaters never win has never played cards with me.

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662108-The-grind