*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662759-New--Email-Private-Comment
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#662759 added August 8, 2009 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
New: Email Private Comment
Based on further member "feedback" on blogging and commenting, we've added a new "Email Private Comment" option to the blog comment area. This allows you to send a quick note back to the blogger without having it posted publicly and without having anyone notified that the comment was sent... except, of course, for the blogger. *Wink*

This seems to be a great compromise that allows both members like myself who want notifications and those members who just want to easily send private comments back to those writing the blog. Personally, I do not have time to follow up on blogs I'm interested in, but I do sincerely want to hear what other writers have to say about certain topics. After all, I read all the comments before I post a comment, so I sure do want to know the comments that come after I comment. We understand others are looking to keep their blogging a little more private. Blogs also differ from forums in that blog comments do not change the update time of a blog, (as they should not). So following a blog in your favorites does not alert you to follow up commenting.

Also, from the blog comment area, we've added a direct link to the "Edit Preferences" area, allowing anyone to quickly and easily set their preference for Blog Comment notifications.

Best wishes,
~~SM

© Copyright 2009 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/662759-New--Email-Private-Comment