*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663148-Commitment-Ceremony
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#663148 added August 11, 2009 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
Commitment Ceremony
I recently went to a Commitment Ceremony. I guess it is the same as a Wedding. I have known Mike and Joyce for a long time. Mike lived at the County Home and he is slightly mentally retarded and Joyce is 17 years older then him. I worked at the County Home and Mike and Joyce both lived there. We have been friends for years. I feel it is alright to be friends with people you take care of. I have taken them to the movies and out to dinner. We have exchanged Christmas gifts and Birthday gifts and went to a few Church Events. I have always loved Mike and Joyce. Joyce lives in a Nursing Home and Mike lives in a Group Home. Joyce had her own apartment for three years but has to be in a Nursing Home at this time. Mike and Joyce have been a couple for years. When I was invited to the Commitment Ceremony, I was there for them. I didn't want to be any place else. I sat at their table.

Joyce loves Elvis music so I have heard every Elvis song ever recorded I think. There was a young man in a wheel chair who lives at the Group Home Mike does. They passed out bubbles in tubes and the young man in a wheel chair and I blew bubbles at each other. I was a kid for a few minutes but I enjoy mentally and physically challenged people. I have to admit it is easier for me to have fun with them when I am not working. At work, there are rules. I have no problem relating to people with special needs except one but one of a hundred isn't bad.

Mike pushed Joyce's wheel chair back to their table and he bumped into the table and a glass of champagne fell and broke. Joyce asked if that meant bad luck. I told her I didn't think so. Joyce and Mike seemed happy. They can't live together but Mike goes see her everyday. I am glad I was there for them. I will always keep in touch with them. I took home four roses from the Wedding table with Joyce's permission. I won't be able to think of Elvis without thinking of Joyce and Mike.

** Image ID #1583946 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1378168 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2009 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/663148-Commitment-Ceremony