*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665097-ABCs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#665097 added August 25, 2009 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
ABC's
Today's exercise was a lot of fun and I had absolutely no idea where it was going to go.

ABCs

26 lines of dialogue can take you to some unusual places... often good ones!

Write

A two person dialogue, no narrative, starting with the first letter of the alphabet and working your way to Z:



*Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5*


(8:48 AM)


"After three years of marriage, I’m finally seeing your true colors!"

"Be a dear and hand me the remote control."

"Can’t you see I’m trying to communicate something to you here?"

"Don’t you realize we’re not in a commercial break?"

"Evan, that’s not funny. I need to get this off my chest!"

"For heaven’s sake, Debra, you are getting yourself all worked up over nothing."

"Gilda saw Brent kiss Natalie!"

"He wasn’t kissing her! Gilda’s blind as a bat and had been drinking mojitos all afternoon – how do you know what she saw?"

"I heard it from Karen who was told by Janet that she overheard Gilda tell Maggie."

"Janet?"

"Karen’s friend from pilates class."

"Let’s see, that makes six degrees of separation between me and…who saw it again?"

"Maybe you think this is all a big joke, but I’m worried sick about Brent."

"No you’re not. You’re upset because you don’t like Natalie."

"Open your eyes, Evan! Natalie is a bimbo and is probably crawling with venereal diseases."

"Possibly, but that’s Brent’s problem. He’s a grown up, he doesn’t need his big sister interfering with his love life."

"Question: Was Brent acting like a grown up when he built that ramp in the road and broke his collar bone tryng to do X-Games tricks on his bike?"

"Responsibly, though – he had his helmet on, remember?"

"Shocking! You come to his defense again and again. I don’t get it!"

"Try to see things from my perspective: Brent’s a guy who does “guy things,” including wanting to kiss hot girls. He’s normal, let him be."

"Underneath Natalie’s “hot-ness” is a heart of stone. She’ll devastate Brent and I can’t watch it happen."

"Volunteering your opinion isn’t going to help Brent; you’re only going to piss him off, again."

"What do you mean, again?"

"X-Games mishap ring any bells? You read him the riot act for trying, as you put it, “that asinine circus trick.” He didn’t speak to you for a month."

"Your advice to me, then, is what? To just keep quiet?"

"Zen meditation, Deb, that’s what you need. Why don’t you start now, since my program is back on."

(9:35 am)


*Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5**Bullet**Note5*





© Copyright 2009 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665097-ABCs