*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671623-Stuff--Junk
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#671623 added October 13, 2009 at 7:07pm
Restrictions: None
Stuff & Junk
I'm not sure how I missed this one, since it was reported in 2008.

http://oddee.com/item_92594.aspx 15 Craziest Personal Names</a>

Top on the list is a guy who changed his name to all of the James Bond movie titles. His name is now James Dr. No From Russia With Love Goldfinger Thunderball You Only Live Twice On Her Majesty's Secret Service Diamonds Are Forever Live And Let Die The Man With The Golden Gun The Spy Who Loved Me Moonraker For Your Eyes Only Octopussy A View To A Kill The Living Daylights Licence To Kill Golden Eye Tomorrow Never Dies The World Is Not Enough Die Another Day Casino Royale Bond.

I wonder how he signs his name.

Then there were the parents who tried to name their child
Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 (pronounced "albin").

Next on the list is:
John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood

Then:
Thursday October Christian

I wish I still had the list of names that my ex tried to name our son. There were 15 or 16 names we loved, and my ex wanted to name him all of them. He arranged them so that they sounded poetic. For the life of me, I cannot remember most of them, but they ended with Wade Bruce John Scott Mackenzie Wilkerson.

Thank goodness, when the clerk came to the hospital room asking me what name to put on our son's birth certificate, his dad was not in the room. To appease him, I did give him a first name, three middle names, and his last name. I told him that's all the birth certificate had room for, which was not really a lie. That was all that could fit on the form I filled out.

Of course, a few years ago, there was a family on the Oprah Show (I think it was on Oprah...pretty sure) that named their child 26 names - one for each letter of the alphabet. And don't you know that my ex called to remind me that it was my fault that our son didn't get his proper name.

************************


Right Brainers Rule! And in October, we celebrate that. Hooray!

At this web site http://www.leesilber.com/HTML/Free_Right_Brainers.htm Right Brainers Rule Month it says:

The goal is to bring awareness that although we may do things differently than most of the world (who are left-brain dominant) we are highly creative, exceptionally innovative and wonderful just the way we are. Sadly, right-brainers are often ridiculed and reprimanded for their unorthodox ways of doing things. The month of October is a chance to show how the right-brained person can survive and thrive in a very left-brained world.

Click around on that site and you'll discover a way to get a free PDF file -Day Planners for Right Brainers.

This site http://rightbrainorganizing.blogspot.com/2008/10/celebrate-right-brainers-rule-m... Celebrate Right Brainers Rule Month shows some ways to celebrate. One is, "write a song about how great it is to be RIGHT all the time."

Be sure to check this out: http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html The Right Brain vs The Left Brain Test
Supposedly, people who are right brain dominant see the dancer dancing clockwise and left brain dominant people see the dancer dancing counter-clockwise. I definitely see her going clockwise.

That site also reminds us of some right brain functions:
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Here's a book that lefties might want to read. Why right Brainers Will Rule The Future The author, Daniel Pink, says that "We are rapidly moving from an economy and culture built on the logical, linear, computer-like capabilities of the Information Age to one built on the creative, empathic, big-picture capabilities of what’s rising in its place: the Conceptual Age."

And, "The last few decades have belonged to a certain kind of person with a certain kind of mind—computer programmers who could crank out code, lawyers who could craft contracts, MBAs who would crunch numbers. But the keys to the kingdom are changing hands. The future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind—creators and empathizers, pattern recognizers, and meaning makers.

As we transition from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age, these people—artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers, big picture thinkers—will now reap society’s richest rewards and share its greatest joys."

If you're not sure if you're right brained or left brained, here's a test: http://web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm Hemispheric Dominance Inventory Test

For me, of the 18 questions, 15 of them indicated right brain dominance and 3 indicated left brain dominance. I think that's because, while I do write and eat with my left hand, I had to learn to adapt to the right-handed world, and I most other things with my right hand.

Interesting stuff, huh? Now check out how many have been left-handed presidents.
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?grpId=3659174697250511&articleId=281474...



A gift from Kiya

"My Favorite Neighbor
"Sharing Sunshine...It's What I Do!
"Admirable Women
"Whose Work Are You Stealing?
"The Potter's Cup and Saucer

© Copyright 2009 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671623-Stuff--Junk