*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679137-Chapter-8
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679137 added December 2, 2012 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8
John then went into a guestroom, placed Julia in a bed and covered her in some sheets.

He looked at her and saw a smile on her face, which caused him to smile. He knew that the girl had had, at least, one very rough week. Her parents had sold her to a stockyard, which sold her as food to some monsters, nearly eaten by one, but then rescued by another that saw her as a person instead of food.

As he walked out of the room, John saw his students watching him with a question in their eyes: Why?

John looked at them and said, “The lesson for you this week is to find out, for yourselves, is this: Is one person’s race superior to another’s? When this week is over, you are to write a summary of your experiences with someone you would normally consider prey, a human. That human is the one who is currently sleeping. She will be your responsibility. If anything bad happens to her, both of you will have failed the class, especially if it is your fault. Also, you will only eat what I tell you to eat, because, until this week is over, you two will be ‘vegetarians’. If I find out you ate a sentient being, without a justifiable cause, to me, both of you, even if only one of you did the deed, will have failed the class. However, I will make at least one exception: If someone tries to harm or eat Julia, you two have my permission to do whatever is necessary to protect her, including eating that person. If you can’t do it, one of you is to follow that person while the other comes to get me for help. If you do that, things will go smoothly for all of us.”

With that, John disappeared into his office to get some paperwork for the perspective couple outside.

Justian and Tawna looked at each other. A human was asleep in the room before them and they couldn’t even have a taste of it. Instead they had to protect it, as if it was one of them. Also, if anything happened to it, they would be in big trouble.

“What are we going to do?” Justian asked.

“I think we should listen to Mr. Wolfstone and do as he tells us," Tawna said. "My father fought him once and lost when they were in the tenth grade. He told me that the reason Mr. Wolfstone didn’t eat him was because he said that dog meat gave him really bad gas.”

“Your father’s right about that one!” John shouted from his office. “Dog meat does give me gas! But the reason I fought him was because he tried to eat this elf girl I had a crush on! Admittedly I can’t remember her name anymore, but the point was to protect her from him!”

At that, John opened the door to his office and stepped out.

“That is something you must learn as well, protect those you care about with everything you’ve got,” John said. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’ve got something to do.”
© Copyright 2012 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679137-Chapter-8