*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679189-Responce-to-challange
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679189 added December 8, 2009 at 5:43pm
Restrictions: None
Responce to challange
At this, the teachers turn to each other and start talking.

“Well,” said the werewolf. “I never thought that he’d be one to allow my hunting courses.”

“Or my sexual education courses dear,” the were-fox said, kissing the werewolf.

“I have to admit that his disciplinary methods seem to be effective,” the dragon said. “And his proposal to have tutors help the students has some merit.”

“Well I know this much," said another. "If he was strong enough to take on Jeff as a child, and even if only a quarter of the other rumors are true, I wouldn’t want to challenge him to a fight to take the title of principal.”

“I saw that wizard’s eyes, and they just caused me to freeze,” said a witch, who taught those with magic how to use it.

“And I can’t anger my liege, especially when it is about a person he speaks so highly of, enough to the point that he’d allow a prince of his line to come here,” said a low ranking demon, who’s family served that of Steve’s.

“Well, that demonstration of his abilities shows the amount of power, and control of it, that he has,” said another teacher.

“I also sense that he has some magic in him, low level of course, but he may know enough spells to catch an opponent off guard if he couldn’t sense it himself,” the witch said. “Also, I’d have no doubt that he’d fight to the death to protect those who go to this school.”

At this, the teachers nodded in agreement.

“So it agreed then," said the werewolf. "John Wolfstone is to be the next principal of the school, right?”

“Yah that is the general consensus seems to be, even if some of us don’t really like it,” the dragon said, with a low grumble.

“So, who’s going to speak for us?” the were-fox asked.

“I will,” said the new philosophy teacher.

“Why would you speak for us?" asked the werewolf. "You’re a human.”

“True, I am but a mere human." the man said. "However, when I look into those eyes, they are those of a human, or can’t you see that?”

He then looked at a few of the others.

“I wouldn’t know if they were or weren’t," one of them said. "All me, and many of the others, see in his eyes is a deep seething anger of us for some reason, though he always seemed to be more carefree around Janus, and Julia now, as well as you, for whatever reason.”

“It is simple really," the man said. "Julia and I have no ghosts following us, and Janus doesn’t have that many her self.”

“What do you mean by that?” the rest asked.

“Simple really, in his eyes, the three of us are not murderers that kill needlessly," he said, with a smile. "As for the rest of you, haven’t you noticed that your heating bills seem to keep going up, because you feel cold all the time?”

“What are you saying?" the were-fox asked. "What do ghosts have to do with our heating bills and the way that he looks at us?”

“Well, one of my collage professors did a study as to how ghosts could affect one’s heating bills," the man said, with a light chuckle. "Well, since he is a demon, he knew where a lot of human ghosts were, and had a little chat with them, and told them that he wouldn’t exorcise them, if they helped them out with this project, which he set up with a bunch of human students, including myself. The project was to last the whole year, and any non-human that ate us would be failed, immediately.

'Obviously, I saw this to be a good insurance policy.

'Of course, I got the place with the most ghosts, one hundred of them. Now, my professor theorized that the more ghosts that a place had, the more money one would spend on the heating bill. Imagine his surprise when I had a lower heating bill than the guy with the control place, which had no ghosts, and the heating bill for everyone else was higher, with the guys with more than fifty ghosts wearing winter clothing during the middle of summer.

'When he asked me why I wasn’t an ice cube, I told him that I didn’t know way, because I never felt the need to adjust the temperature. Well, as it turns out, the reason that I had the lowest heating bill was because I treated the ghosts as if they were people, while everyone else ignored them, until they decided to adjust the thermostat, because the ghosts generated a level of coldness, because they were upset at being ignored, as everyone was told to act as if the ghosts were not even there.

'However, I just didn’t like how they seemed to look, as if no one really cared about them. I saw one, who could have been no more than five years old, before she died, crying her eyes out, sitting on my bed. I felt pity for her, so I sat down, and talked to her.

'Well, after that, I talked with all of them, and got their stories. Given how unhappy many of them were, I did things to cheer them up, like, if it was the date of their birthday, to throw them a party. If one liked porn, well, I smuggled a magazine in. If one liked video games, I bought them video games, and so on.

'Needless to say, I passed the class and gave the professor another plausible explanation as to how ghosts could affect the temperature in one’s home.

'Well anyways, John prefers to see others as equals. He also prefers those who see things in the same, or a similar, manner as he does. I’ve seen the way he looks at the rest of you, with hatred and anger, and looks at Julia, and a few of the students, as well as myself, with hope and friendship.

'My father once told me that the eyes are the windows to one’s soul, and his eyes tell me that he hates unnecessary killings, and that he wants others to work together, as equals, and in real harmony. These eyes show me that he knows real pain, and guilt, sadness, loneliness, and much more. If anything, his eyes are more human than my own.”

At this, one of the teachers chuckled and said, “No wonder he asked that you take his place. You probably remind him of that girl he cares for. I once heard her say that he was more human than a human was. Of course, this was also after Janelle there called him a monster and slapped him across the face. Of course, the next day, he kissed her, and she kissed him back, and they’ve been doing it ever since. To be honest, I’ve never learned why, or how, they made up so quickly. Well guys, given how passionate his little speech was, I say we let Randy speak for us.”

At this, every other teacher nodded as well.

As John watched the group huddle, he had a feeling of uneasiness in his stomach, because he was worried about what the teachers would say. Normally, in most schools, one had to have been a vice-principal for five years, or a teacher for ten, before being considered being eligible for a principal.

But then he remembered that the last vice-principal had left a month before he had been hired, and Jeff had never bothered to fill the spot.

However, given the fact that he had been patrolling the halls for signs of trouble, maybe his promotion to vice-principal was something that validated what he really had been for the last five years, just without the name.

Then, he saw the group open up, and out stepped Randy Timberstein, the man who had replaced him. The man was an even weirder oddity than John, or even Mr. Tootall’s “human, but not human” mother, as he was the son of a werewolf and a neko, a catlike creature, which was similar in build to a rakshasa, like Justian, but more benevolent in nature.

Somehow, Randy, while he looked like his father, when the man was in his human form, and had his mother’s eye and hair colors, was not a werewolf or a neko. All that really set him apart from other humans were his eyes, which were green, his hair, which was spotted like a leopard’s fur, as his mother was a leopard-like neko, his longer than average canines, and his diamond hard nails, which could extend up to two inches, which was the length that most werewolves could extend them, in emergencies.

It was as if he was about to change into some sort of carnivorous were-creature, but was unable to. He was both a human and a non-human. He was a non-human, due to the things that made him stand out from humans, but he was a human because he couldn’t transform, and was incapable of using magic in any shape or form.

Randy looked at John, and saw a man that everyone feared, but who was trying to make things better for all of them.

Randy cleared his throat, and said, “John Wolfstone, the teachers of Snapjaw Central School have made their decision. We say that you are…”

At this, Randy paused, much as John had earlier when he had decided to allow the hunting and sexual education classes to continue, which caused everyone, including John, to lean forward towards him.

“Suitable to be this school’s principal.”

At this, those who had been in John’s morning philosophy class the previous year started cheering and saying things like, “extra credit, here we come”, and so on.

John just smiled and said, “Thank you for your approval, teachers of Snapjaw Central School. I will do my best to live up to your expectations.”

Then, he looked up at the sky and smiled, as if he had caught sight of someone watching.

“I’m glad you approve of the statue that I had built for you, Jeff,” he said.

Then he chuckled, as if he heard something funny, and said, “Don’t worry Jeff. I’ll take good care of them.”

Then, a thin ray of light, which was what had caused him to look up, vanished.

“Well guys,” he said. “I don’t know if you heard that or not, but it seems Jeff likes the statue I had built for him, and that he really does want me in charge of this school, so, let’s look at his statue, in his honor.”

However, when John and everyone else looked at the statue, everyone was in shocked, and fear, except for John, who merely said, sarcastically, “That’s real cute Jeff. Now, get rid of the illusion.”

The statue of Jeff, which had been sitting at its desk, as if passing judgment upon a student, was now standing at the door, as if he was about to grab someone there.

A deep chuckle is heard, and felt, by everyone.

“Alright John,” said a deep voice, eerily similar to Jeff’s. “I just needed to make sure that these students were paying attention is all.”

“Yah well next time, do it when they fall asleep in class, not when they are awake,” John said, with a laugh.

With that, the illusion disappeared and the statue of Jeff was back sitting at its desk, where it had been all along.

“Well,” John said. “Even in death, it seems that Jeff Snapjaw likes to keep an eye on things. So teachers, if you have a student who wakes up, looking like they’ve just seen a ghost, well, they just might have. Okay students, head to the class that you would be taking now, starting with the back rows first and the front rows last. Also, if your teachers are not there when you get there, behave yourselves. After all, it seems that Mr. Snapjaw is still here, in this very school, which he built, in spirit. Teachers, if you wish to meet with me, I’ll be in my office, which is, also, still the teachers’ lounge. That is all, dismissed.”

With that, the students began to leave the room, with John, and the teachers that wanted to meet with him, leaving through a side exit.
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679189-Responce-to-challange