*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679206-Chapter-10
Rated: 18+ · Book · Military · #1625172
This is the book version of my Army of Humans and Monsters
#679206 added February 10, 2012 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10
An hour later, Jenkins, once again, found himself waking up in a white room, on a medical table, wearing a hospital’s toga.

“I hope that this is part of some crazy dream,” he said. “I mean great-grandfather could not do anything right, according to grandfather, from what he was told by his mother. As for him doing something that not only restructured the military, but changed the way it ran, that sounds like some sort of pipe dream at best. My family was nothing special, and I am just some human that will probably be picked up for debt and-”

“Sent to prison where someone will buy you for some dark reason?” (Mysterious voice)

“Yah, who was it that just said that, because this can’t be real?” (Jenkins)

“Look to your right kid.” (M. Voice)

As Jenkins looked, he saw a kitsune, wearing a military uniform, sitting in a chair, reading some files.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“Oh, that depends,” the kitsune said, as he turned a page, “On whether or not I am real or a figment of your imagination. If I am a figment of your mind, you could banish me with relative ease. But, what if I am real? What if I were to tell you that your great-grandfather really did start something the day he gave his life to save his commanding officer? What if there was something more to the murder of your family than what meets the eye even?”

“What are you talking about? A Goddamn Fucking Werewolf murdered them for no fucking reason,” Jenkins said, as he stood up.

“Actually, I knew the man who did it, or, at least, I thought that I did,” the kitsune said, with a sigh, as he set the file down, next to Jenkins.

Jenkins saw a picture on it, with a face that looked familiar. Rotating it, he saw that the man in the picture was the person who had murdered his family.

“Why?” he said, with anger in his voice.

“I see there are several questions in that single word,” the kitsune said, as he closed his eyes. “One, why was he in the military records? That is because he was in the army, like me. Two, why do I know him? He was in the same squad as me. Three, why did he kill your family? The man is a traitor who tried to sell the military’s greatest secret, to tell the wrong people why we are so strong. He killed your family for some sick and twisted way of getting revenge, because the ghost of your great-grandfather found out what he was up to, and warned us. Four, why didn’t we protect your family as well as we should have? The truth about your ancestor’s deeds was considered to be our most highly guarded secret, though there were those, who were of soldiers that fought alongside of your ancestor, who wanted to protect your family, even if it meant giving up their military careers, Lieutenant Bloodtooth being one. However, by the time they got there, the police and ambulance were picking up the remains of your family, and you disappeared from the grid for a few years, probably because you were searching for him. Fifth, why am I telling you this? Well to answer that question, you must answer this question, do you want to find him?”

“Hell yah,” Jenkins said. “I want him to suffer for what he took from me. That bastard took the lives of my mother, father, and my older sister. I was fifteen then, young and inexperienced. I’m twenty now, older, a bit more experienced, but now, as then, I’ve got no one to turn to for help.”

“Actually, you may have what you need, if you do one thing.” (Kitsune officer)

“What would that be?” (Jenkins)

“Stick with the military kid. We’ll take care of the rest, and when we find him, you can have your revenge, as will the rest of the military.” (Kitsune officer)

With that, the man stood up and said, “She does appreciate what you did to help rescue her niece, kid. Besides, she may want to do something to thank you.”

“For what reason would she want to thank me?” (Jenkins)

“For telling her that you and she are family, after all, werewolves don’t live long without them. They also become suicidal when they are alone. For the last three years kid, the military and her niece have been the only family she’s had. With you though, well, the commander of the base may have to bend some rules, and get her as your squad leader, or something.” (Kitsune officer)

With that, the kitsune started leaving, when he said, “If you ever need me, Uniter, ask for Second in Command, Army, Lieutenant Colonel Jethro Seventails, and before you ask, no, I have nine tails, not seven as my name would suggest.”
© Copyright 2012 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679206-Chapter-10