*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685236-GOAT-HERDERS
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1617603
A collection of short stories
#685236 added March 3, 2010 at 6:50am
Restrictions: None
GOAT HERDERS
GOAT HERDERS
---------------------

In the beginning, so it is written, there were a few incidents where the learned says, that this cannot be, and that does not make sense. The not so learned say, it is written and if it is written, then it must be, and if it must be- it is. Simple. Nothing complicated about that, is there?

And it rained, for forty days and forty nights. Then they floated around, waiting for all this water to disappear and while they floated, they waited. As water does, it disappeared. Then the crow was sent out and he absconded, then the dove went out and then dry land was found.

Now, all this is already written and only repeated so that we can compare notes. They landed and was thankful and then the sons of Noah multiplied and all the people on this earth are descended from the sons of Noah namely; Shem, Ham and Japheth. A rewind is required here. After all - everybody but everybody - went missing. It was only Noah and his company that had a boat that could make the journey. So where did 'those other people' come from?

'Those other people' as in - this is not my family! No way are we related ! These are not my people !

This is the possible story of 'those other people'.

The forgotten people lived far away in the land of the Goat. They were goat herders. These people were farmers by nature and the land was their world. They got their milk from goats, as well as their meat and their clothing were made from goat skins. They could use a goat from its beginning to end as a source of survival. They farmed with goats and that meant that they were nomadic by necessity as goats deplete everything in sight as they feed. They could eat stones if the stones were painted green, goats have the constitution of a concrete-mixer.

So, they traveled from one place to the other, year in, year out. Then the rains came. It rained and they moved to higher ground. It rained some more and they moved higher up into the mountains. Up and up they moved, till eventually they were standing knee high in the water on the now missing pinnacles of the mountains, which were under the water. Everywhere there was water, running into their rubber-boots (Wellingtons) and the goats were standing up to their tummies in the water with the kids on their backs. The people had their kids on their backs and then forty days later the rain stopped.

The sun broke through the clouds and the one goat farmer commented to the other goat farmer; “That's it, now the drought starts again.”

In retrospect, if you see some-one, and he or she seems smelly, odd and definitely not 'family of mine', keep in mind that he or she may descend from the 'those other people' and maybe some consideration to 'those other people', as those damn goats can drive anybody crazy.


© Copyright 2010 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685236-GOAT-HERDERS