*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685337-I-was-with-Cocodo-I-get-cut-of-the-severence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#685337 added January 25, 2010 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
I was with Coco...do I get cut of the severence?
Good evening Studyees, and a good day it has been *Smile*. I'll try to keep this short, as attention spans continue to wane with the economy and dreams of health-care coverage for all.

The late-night TV war between Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno produced some inspired comedy not only toward each other, but toward their respective employer, NBC. And like any major corporation, they completely mishandled the dealings of two of their biggest employees to the tune of $40+ million and a bruise on their biggest franchise, The Tonight Show. I thought Conan got screwed by NBC, but somehow will not only be a hell of a lot richer but also get some time off to be able to come back and compete against Jay with another network in September. Or, as one local radio pundit put it, "$43 million and no work until September? For Conan and his writers, that sounds like one fantastic drinking binge!" I, for one, cannot wait! (For his return, not the binge...cuz why are our sports-radio morning show hosts weighing in on late-night TV topics anyway?)

Why, Studyees, am I so excited about this? I'll tell ya why. I worked my last day at Borders today, and after tomorrow the doors at my location are closed for good. Since I was part-time and not offered a position elsewhere in the company, I opted for the "partial severence package", which amounts to an extra (two week) paycheck, or approx. $313, with a stipulation that I don't work at any other Borders for 15 days. I know, it pales in comparison to what Conan got, but I busted my ass for it under undesirable circumstances and took a lot of hits to the soul during the holidays and closer to the end of the run. But it's over. Bittersweet, leaning slightly toward bitter.

But the real reason I'm excited is once I've closed down this blog, I've got a totally interesting (to me, at least...isn't that always the case *Confused*) idea for my next endeavor...something to help me keep the creative juices flowing and help boost my presence in the community. It'll be pretty interactive, with tons of plugs and hopefully lots of feedback not only for me, but for the readers of the "Blog That Remains Unnamed For Now" and the primary participants. More details soon; stay posted. Til then, I've got to send this Blog off on the right note. So, off to some work...eh, I lie. My beloved Sabres have been on a lengthy West Coast road swing, which means I can work a night, come home, and watch almost an entire game rather than just the DirecTv-edited post-game show. And not have to worry any more about 14-hour days...at least until March, when we're all settled in to our new digs and I start getting bored and itchin' to do a little more with my day in order to make the ends meet a little more comfortably. Love your life, Stoggers...I know today (at least) I do. With that, GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2010 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685337-I-was-with-Cocodo-I-get-cut-of-the-severence