*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686141
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#686141 added February 2, 2010 at 5:36am
Restrictions: None
Mirror
"There's no way she could seen what you thought about her! Absolutely no way!" I exclaimed.

What is the point of your excitement? She asked me in a bored way.

"She said almost the exact same thing that you said she was. That she was my reflection."

She nods, rotating her neck in stiffness from a night's rest. Yes. It's odd how much a like you to are. Though you've never met face to face, and have never been to the same country. She grins in challenge, flashing teeth meant for tearing her adversaries in a moments notice. Do you still doubt me?

"No. At least not today. Your advice really helped me talk to her."

It was your heart that helped you. I was only reminding you of what was holding you back. She closes her eyes, and when she opens them again, they are dark gray, gray as the ones I wore in my youth. If you had the chance, would you hide behind Athena's eyes again?

At that I smile. "No. But I do not fault those who do."

I suppose that is for the best. How did it feel, to make her think hard for once?

"It was scary. At first I thought I said too much. But she actually responded back a day later. She's usually quicker than that."

Your heart made the difference. She smiles at me like a proud and graceful queen. You let your heart speak for you.

© Copyright 2010 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686141