*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686725-Deadline
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1311596
Something slightly loftier, pointed and hopefuly witty.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#686725 added February 7, 2010 at 1:33pm
Restrictions: None
Deadline
The clouds of the overnight storm have parted, the sun streams down in bright unbroken beams on the floor of my Phoenix neighborhood. From the window of my third place a curios little girl tries to make friends with a pigeon, joggers trickle in for their morning fix of coffee, and I ready myself for the Sunday ritual of deadline writing. This has become a favorite time of the week. A chance to reflect on the myriad notes and people I have met who will soon become a feature article for one of the magazines I contribute my writing "talents". This week I am preparing an article on a young man who is hoping to hand-cycle from NYC to California. I should mention that he is a paraplegic. Then there is the completion of my presentation for an upcoming conference in Orlando. Nervous? No, not me....Alas!
I did finally see Star Trek last night after a spontaneous iTunes movie purchase. Fascinating. I am always interested how Hollywood manages to bend the rules of physics. I can live with the illusion that beaming matter from one location to another is doable, traveling at light speed is common practice, and even the use of artificial gravity aboard the fleet is possible. Why then, do I question the possibility of two Spock's from different periods in time occupying the same space? Well, it was a great addition to the Star Trek archive nonetheless and I have somehow gotten off topic. A recently acquired new skill apparently.
Deadline calls...until next time.   

© Copyright 2010 C. Anthony (UN: reconguy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C. Anthony has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686725-Deadline