*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689888-Animals-in-the-News
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#689888 added March 11, 2010 at 12:34am
Restrictions: None
Animals in the News
For the past couple of days animals of different types have made headlines under weird news. One of the stories was about a cat that stowed away on a delivery truck. When they found the cat it was dehydrated and malnourished, the cat survived and was recovering. Two of the other stories had to do with chickens, one concerned 16 exotic chickens, which were stolen and hadn't been found. The other chicken story concerned wild chickens being recaptured after attempting an escape.

I'm impressed that anyone could recapture wild chickens once they escaped. Chickens, no matter how tame they are, have a tendency to run when they are chased. I think that's because their ancestors survived because the ran when something chased them. Chickens running when being chased, brings back a memory from my younger and more foolish days.

I was living with my grandparents in Blackwell. It was after I graduated from high school and I moved back to Blackwell from Shawnee. Anyway, for some reason I went to the chicken coup. Actually coup doesn't really describe the enclosure my grandparent used for the chickens. I was chasing the chickens (I should have known better) and I stepped on a nail. I had to go to the Emergency Room at the local hospital.

Thinking back to the incident, I believe I drove myself to the ER (all thought it's possible my grandfather drove me). I do remember chasing a chicken and stepping on a rusty nail. I did learn not to chase chickens, at least not unless I had on shoes with thick soles. (I think I need to consider rewriting that sentence, but I'm going to leave it as is.)

When chased chickens run
They do not stay in a group
They scatter wide far

Word count: 297





© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689888-Animals-in-the-News