*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692369-Thoughts-on-Life-Roses-and-Religion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#692369 added April 5, 2010 at 5:10pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on Life, Roses, and Religion
Word count: 542

Life is a walk in a rose garden,
The thorns are the problems we face,
The multicolor blossoms the happiness we find,
The unopened buds are the memories we leave behind,
In the lives of those we encounter,
On our walk through the garden of life.

My mother had a dream about walking through a rose garden. The dream caused her to wake up in a good mood. Mom’s dream caused me to start thinking of roses and their meanings. The different colors represent different emotions, so when you send roses to someone you have to be careful about the color of the roses. After all, you do not want to give someone the wrong idea about your feelings when roses are involved.

A nightingale attracted to the rose,
Will proclaim the beauty of the bloom,
Will sing all through the night,
Enchanted by the blossom’s perfume.

For me roses have a spiritual meaning. Whenever I smell a rose, I think of the Eternal Beloved. God, by whatever name you call the Divine Essence, is the Eternal Beloved. The representatives of God on Earth are Manifestations, who are born in human form to reflect to humanity the divine attributes.

People know these Manifestations, Divine Mirrors, by many names. Because they appeared at different time in human history, most people do not believe them connected in any way. All of these Mirrors of Divinity, were sent to by God to assist humanity to carry forward and ever advancing civilization. The Divine Creator sent these Mirrors to assist the individual human soul in its quest to know and love its creator, while helping it to acquire the attributes the soul needs when it separates from the body and ascends into the next world.

The names of these Divine Mirrors are Zoroaster, Krishna, Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab, and Baha’u’llah. The followers of each of these Divine Reflections have special days to commemorate and celebrate. Passover commemorates Moses leading the people of Israel out of Egypt and slavery. Easter or Resurrection Day celebrates the emergence of Christ from the tomb. The twelve days of Ridvan, April 21 to May 2, celebrates the Declaration of Baha’u’llah. The celebration of the Declaration of the Bab is May 23.

Even though each of these Divine Reflections came at a different time in history, the same Divine Essence sent them all. They came at different times in the history of humanity, for the same reason that children go to through school with one grade following the other. As a human being matures and grows, the human mind can comprehend more advance subjects. Each Divine Mirror came to instruct humanity as it advanced through the stages of civilization. They came to help the human race progress from family clan to city-state to nation and then to a world embracing civilization.

Humanity is a single species composed of individuals of different complexions. God is a single unknowable essence, whose attributes different individual reflected to humanity. These individuals appeared at different times in the history of the species because as the human race matured physically, mentally, and spiritually it became capable of comprehending more of the universal laws, which the Divine Creator put into place when the universe was born.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692369-Thoughts-on-Life-Roses-and-Religion