*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693353-Thoughts-on-a-Cloudy-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#693353 added April 16, 2010 at 3:55pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on a Cloudy Day
Word count: 567

Even on Cloudy Days, Birds Sing


I hear birds singing. I look out my living room window and see birds flying. I see clouds covering the sapphire sky and the brilliant sun, but I still hear birds singing. Even on cloudy days, birds singing their joyous songs.

Birds spend their entire lives, avoiding predators, building nests, hunting for food, and raising families. Birds sing their songs in all seasons and weather conditions. Birds sing in summer, autumn, winter, and spring. Birds sing in sunshine and in rain. Birds sing all the time, not matter what celebrations or tragedies occur to them and their fellow creatures.

Birds sing to attract a mate. Birds sing when they build nests. Birds sing for the sheer joy of living. They are alive and so they sing. Birds sing happy songs. Birds sing sad songs. If lightening strikes the tree in which they located their nest, they sing while they build another nest in another tree. Birds do not get depressed when tragedy strikes they mourn and they move on.

The sun Came out from behind the clouds


Finally, the sun peeked from behind the clouds. It is shining through the stone pine trees casting shadows on the garage roof. Earlier today, I took some recyclables to the garage and saw the sun behind the clouds. It was a bright round spot in a gray white sky. Now the sky is hazy blue, which seems to be the norm lately.

I took some newspapers to the garage and put them in the white recyclable bin. I looked up at the sun; it was a white ball in a hazy blue sky. The clouds are gone for a while, but the haze will hang on. I have not seen a pristine blue sky since the last rain. After it rains; after the clouds have left the sky is always a beautiful blue without haze or clouds.

I wish I had a skylight in this house, so that the sun could shine into my living room. Of course, a skylight would probably cause the power bill to go up in summer because the central air, or do we have a heat pump, would have to run more to cool the house. A skylight in my house would not be economical, but it would be beautiful and I could see the sun.

I am wearing a sweater; however, I do not think I need it. The official temperate is 65 degrees, which means some of the neighborhoods in Las Vegas are warmer or cooler. The temperature in the house is 71 degrees right now. The temperature will rise this afternoon, so I am going to have to keep an eye on it. I turned the hot air off in March when I had the unit service. I have not turned the cool air on yet because it is so nice.

I am going to have to keep an eye on the temperature because when it starts getting to 80 degrees in the house we need cool air. I am not looking forward to summer power bills, but that is the price for having cool air in the house. I also have to have the air conditioner in the car checked in the next couple of weeks. Having an air conditioned car is necessary especially when taking Mom to appointments or the cats to the vet.



© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/693353-Thoughts-on-a-Cloudy-Day