*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695180-Why-not-write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#695180 added May 4, 2010 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Why not write?
Word count: 535

Why not write haiku
In spring when all the birds sing
Pen it just for you

Why not write a Brazilian haiku, using end rhyme on the two five-syllable lines and an internal rhyme with the end word on the seven-syllable line.

Why not just sit down at the computer, open a word document and begin to write. Write anything that comes to mind on this beautiful bright Tuesday morning. Write about the bird that flew over the garage while you were taking your first sip of coffee.

Why not write about the cat sitting in the window looking out into the front yard. This same cat jumped in with the pots and pans when you opened the door below the stovetop. Write about making Spanish rice and the fact that you probably put too much ground bay leaf in the water for the rice this morning. The amount of bay leaf won’t make much difference once the rice is done and the ground beef is cooked and mixed with the rice. If the bay leaf is still too powerful, then add more salsa to the mix.

Why not write about your dreams, write about the one you didn’t have last night. Write about the dream that reoccurs several times through out the year, the dream you haven’t had yet in 2010. Write about the dream in which you find your Mother and yourself back in Blackwell, Oklahoma. The two of you are in your Grandparent’s house because you went back for their memorial service. The two of you are getting ready to take a bus back to Las Vegas, Nevada. You want to remain in Blackwell because you have household items and other things to dispose of, but you can’t stay because you have to get back to work and to Las Vegas.

Why not write about the plane flying over the house or the way the morning sun shines into your open garage door. Write about anything and everything that comes to mind. Write because it is morning and a new day has begun. Write because you began your day with prayer and your medication. Write because you put the eye drops in your mother’s eyes this morning. Write because your mother is in a good mood and she remembered to turn the facet off in her bathroom.

Why not write about brewing coffee in a percolator instead of a dripulator. All right, dripulator isn’t what a drip coffee maker is called, but it should be called by that name because dripulator rhymes with percolator. Write about the taste of percolated coffee and the memories of your Grandfather drinking one pot of percolated coffee after another.

Why not write about your beautiful desert landscaped front yard. Write about the mourning doves that scratch in the dirt every afternoon or evening looking for insects. Write about the olive tree and oleanders that you have to remove because of allergies. Write about the two stone pine trees left in the front yard and that you have to have removed because they are tearing up the cement in the driveway. Write about the elm that is growing from the elm tree stump in the front yard.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/695180-Why-not-write