*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697898-June-is-busting-out-all-over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#697898 added June 1, 2010 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
June is busting out all over
Word count: 501

In May, I did not do a good job of meeting the 500 words a day for this journal. June is here and I want to do a better job then I did in May. This may mean a different approach. I have a lot to write about so finding a subject is not the problem.

June is busting out all over and I would like it to bust out in words. Since I am not going to be working outside the house an outside job will not interfere with my writing. Of course, some of what I write may sound like a rant because I cannot find someone to sit with Mom while I work outside the house.

Actually, finding someone is not the problem; affording the service is the issue. It will cost me more to have someone come in and sit with Mom then I can make working. To have a professional come in and sit with Mom when I work the polls will cost $290.00 and I only make $150.00 working the election polls. This means I cannot afford to work the primary election.

If I could leave Mom alone, there would not be a problem; however, Mom will not take her medication by herself. I also suspect, but cannot prove, that she does not eat when she is by herself. I am also sure she does not get out of bed if I am not here. I am going to have to increase my online income, I am working on that, but it takes time.

In May, I bought two things for myself. I bought a watch, which I may give to Mom. I also bought a cell phone and my service provider is NET10. I bought the cell phone at Kmart and I can buy more minutes there as well. The advantage to this is I do not have to sign a contract; all I have to do is remember to buy the minutes before the July 30 and add them to the phone.

I can play games on the phone, I can access the Internet, I can use the phone to take pictures, etc. I am happy with my new phone and not worried about being able to afford the minutes. This is unusual because for the past few years all I have did is worry about money and the ability to afford something.

I am looking forward to June, even with the prospects of only working online. The birds are singing, the birds have been singing all day. June has started out nice with bird song and Mom’s new hearing aid. Perhaps, I need to look more on the bright side of life. I do have a tendency to look on the dark side and expect the worst. I need to focus on using my imagination for writing rather then anything else.

June is busting out
Singing the joy of summer
Temperatures rising

Nightingales sing
As the sunset behind clouds
Peaches and honey

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697898-June-is-busting-out-all-over