*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699050-Multitasking-and-Recycling
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#699050 added June 13, 2010 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Multitasking and Recycling
Word count: 571

This morning when I went to pick up the Sunday paper from the driveway, I took some aluminum cans with me and put them in my trunk. Every time I go outside, I take something with me. Sometimes it is a sack of trash or papers for the recyclable bin. There is no use going outside for anything unless I take something to the garage.

I still have to clean the garage out so that I can put my car in at night. I cannot close the garage door, but I can drive the car inside. Well I could if I placed the recyclable bins to the side and the cardboard boxes were broken down and tied together. I think the recyclable go out next week, so I have to get some of the cardboard broken down before then.

I do no put the aluminum cans in the recyclable bins. Instead, I smash them and sell the cans. The last time I sold them, I go $11.00 and I am hoping to get, at least that when I sell them again. As of today, I have one large trash sack full and another about half full. I will not sell the cans until I get a trunk full of trash bags. My trunk will hold about four large kitchen size bags of smashed aluminum cans.

The last time I sold the cans, which was in January or February, I did not smash all the cans in the bags. I am now smashing all of my aluminum cans before I put them in the bags. This time I even went through the bag I already had in the trunk and smashed the cans. That was a bit of work, but it was worth it because I got more cans in the plastic trash bag.

While I am writing this, I am also drinking a cup of coffee and waiting for my browser to come up. I have found myself, multitasking a lot lately. If I work it right, I can do more the two things at once, depending on the task I am performing. My computer seems to be running slow or I am just in a hurry to get things done. I really need to slow down and smell the coffee.

Every day I check the bank accounts while I am drinking coffee. I do not know why I check them on Sunday because even if there were a problem I could not get to the bank until Monday to take care of it. I could transfer money from the savings to the checking, but neither Mom nor I have a lot of money in the savings. I think checking each bank account is just something I have gotten used to doing once a day. It is a habit and I just do it without thinking.

I have not begun mobile banking yet. I just bought the cell phone on Memorial Day; I still have not memorized the phone number. The phone has games on it, so I can multitask while I am waiting in line. The only game I like is the Sudoku game; the other two games are of no interest to me. I could down load some more games, but I do not see any reason to do that. I only use the games when I am waiting and bored or want to relax. Playing Sudoku relaxes me.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699050-Multitasking-and-Recycling