*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699079-Random-thoughts-on-LOUISIANAS-OIL-CATASTROPHE
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#699079 added June 13, 2010 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
Random thoughts on LOUISIANA'S OIL CATASTROPHE
Word count: 515

Random Thoughts 1


In a thousand or two thousand years, what archeologist will find when they excavate along the Mississippi and the Gulf Coast? Of course, they will find proof of the Oil Catastrophe, as well, as other leftovers from our civilization. I wonder what they will think of us. Does it even matter what the people of the future think about our civilization?

Some people think the world will end in December 21, 2012; if this is the case, there may not be any archeologist to excavate in Louisiana, along the Mississippi, or the Gulf Coast. If the world does end in 2012 then the oil catastrophe is unimportant and we are making a big deal over nothing.

I believe Earth and humanity will continue to exist into the unforeseeable future. Humanity will become more spiritual and care more for the planet rather then for profit, but the human race will continue to exist and technology will continue to advance.

The oil catastrophe, like all other natural and manmade disasters, will help us became better caretakers of the planet. They will make us aware of our responsibility as citizens of Earth. They will unite humanity in a way that nothing else can. Humanity and the Earth will continue to exist until the sun itself burns out or goes novae. Technology will continue to advance and we will sit up colonies on the Moon and on Mars.

The human race will spread through the Milky Way and encounter other sentient beings, which have gone through similar problems on their own planets. The present situation and events on Earth are simply part of the spiritual and social evolution of the human race. The human race will survive and we will learn from the events of the present, even the oil catastrophe will teach us something about ourselves. It will teach us something about our planet. It will teach us something about the universe in which we live.

Random Thoughts 2
Information from an article by Robert J. Samuelson


1. Deep water operations = anything exceeding 1,000 feet
2. Jack-up rigs = oil platforms sitting on stilts; depth of water less then 1,000 feet
3. Mobile offshore drilling unit = uses on board engines in conjunction with global positioning satellites to maintain its location

Random Thoughts 3


Jai watched the planet’s dark blood rising, like smoke, from the puncture in the ocean floor. Tears ran down his cheeks and mixed with the salt of the surrounding ocean. How could any Earth’s children, she thought, whether they are ocean dwellers or land dwellers do this to their own Mother.

They don’t care, Rai’s thoughts flowed through his sister’s mind, they are greedy land dwellers, haters of all that is holy.

You believe the terror that Morg preaches, don’t you, Rai?

You are too soft hearted, little sister. We must destroy the land dwellers before they kill off every living thing in the ocean. This accident will prove to the Elders that Morg is right.




© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699079-Random-thoughts-on-LOUISIANAS-OIL-CATASTROPHE