*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699223-IMPORTANT-Email-Server-Upgrade
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#699223 added June 16, 2010 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
[IMPORTANT] Email Server Upgrade
UPDATE: 12:00pm 6/16 - Upgrade still progressing. Once your email account has been moved to the new server, the system will allow you back into your email account. As of this update, members who were active on or after February 1st have been moved to the new email server and are able to access their email.

At this point, we are considering the email upgrade for all active accounts COMPLETE. *Smile*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Greetings Members!

Beginning at approximately 10:00pm tonight (Monday 6/14), Writing.Com will be upgrading to a brand new email server. It is time for our site to move up to a bigger, better machine and this upgrade will allow us to retire our current email server, which is a bit over four (4) years old.

We've been testing the new server for about a month now and it's working great. We're using the same upgrade systems and process as the last time we did this 4 years ago. They've been tested and retested and are still working perfectly. ("[NOTICE] Scheduled Email Server Upgrade - June 15th)

Due to the enomorous size of our email service, the move will mean some time of inaccessibility to your email services on Writing.Com. While we transfer approximately 200+ Gigabytes of email data from the old email server to our new one, you will not be able to access your Writing.Com email account or its contents until it has been moved to the new server. As soon as your account moves, you'll have access to it again.

Access to your Writing.Com email account may be unavailable approximately 10:00pm through 8:00am Eastern Time*. We will do our best to minimize the amount of time that your email is inaccessible and your email account will become accessible as soon as it is moved to the new email server. * Accounts that have not been active on Writing.Com within the past few days will take longer to upgrade as we are moving accounts in order of most recent use of the site.


All email in your account will be transferred exactly as is from the old server to our new one. This includes your inbox and all email folders, including your sent mail and trash folders.

No loss of email is expected from this move. During the time that you are unable to access your email, the email server will still receive new emails for your account and hold them until we re-open access to member email accounts.

The upgrade will affect access to email services only and during the upgrade, all other Writing.Com services will be unaffected and fully available.

After the upgrade is completed, you should find no differences in your email account, (though accessing it may be faster). No changes to the interface are planned for this upgrade.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this the email upgrade. Thank you for your support!

Best wishes,
~~SM


© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699223-IMPORTANT-Email-Server-Upgrade