*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699334-I-remember-Godzilla
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#699334 added June 15, 2010 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
I remember Godzilla
Word count: 541

I remember watching Godzilla on the late show. He looked like a T-Rex but he breath, what appeared, to be fire. Whatever it was he breathed, he destroyed cities with his breath. Godzilla was not a dragon, at least not in the traditional form. Godzilla looked like a dinosaur, but I doubt the dinosaurs.

I remember that an atomic bomb test woke Godzilla out of his long sleep. In the movie I saw, Godzilla destroyed Tokyo; however, I understand that there was another version in which the dinosaur destroyed San Diego or some other city along the American coast. I saw only one version of the movie.

I remember there was a fishing boat destroyed before Godzilla attacked the city. I remember Godzilla breathing fire and setting fire to the Tokyo. I know that the military eventually destroyed Godzilla, but I do not remember how it was accomplish. Godzilla came back to life again, because he fought Mothra.

I remember watching this movie on a late night T.V. show. The first time I saw Godzilla was in black and white because my Grandparents had a black and white T.V. set. What else do I remember about Godzilla?

I remember the first time I saw the movie was on a Friday night. I know it was Friday because we, my siblings and me, could stay up as late as we wanted. The next day, was Saturday and we did not have to go to school or to church.

I remember Godzilla reminded me of a toy dinosaur. My brothers had toy dinosaurs and toy solders. I remember at the time there were toys for girls and toys for boys. Girls’ toys consisted of housekeeping items and dolls. Boys’ toys consisted of cars, soldiers, and toy dinosaurs. I am not sure how the toy market has changed since I was a child, but the closest thing a girl could get to an action toy was a doll that said Mama and wet itself when you gave it a bottle of water.

I remember enjoying the Godzilla movie. I enjoyed it because it was action packed and remote from reality. I think even then, I knew that some of the things the movie suggested were false, but I suspended belief while I watched the movie.

I remember watching Godzilla on a black and white T.V. set. I watch in amazement as the dinosaur that breathed fire like a dragon destroyed Tokyo. Godzilla was an interesting movie because it was action and not intended to be believable (my own opinion).

I remember Godzilla was a post war movie about atomic radiation. Several movies used atomic radiation and its affect on animals and humans as the basis for the plot. The stars, at least some of them, who acted in Godzilla and the other movies, went on to have illustrious movie and T.V. careers.

I remember watching Godzilla. I always felt sorry for the poor dinosaur because everyone was out to get him. I also remember reading a poem written by someone about the movie. I think I read the poem in college, but the poem expressed Godzilla’s sorrow. I wish I could remember the name of the poem and the poet who wrote the lines.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699334-I-remember-Godzilla