*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699574-Thank-God-its-Friday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#699574 added June 18, 2010 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
Thank God, it’s Friday
Word count: 526

TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! It’s the end of a workweek. It’s the beginning of a working weekend. I remember when Friday was the beginning of playtime. I remember when Friday meant school was out for two whole days and if I got my homework done on Friday night, I could spend all day Saturday and Sunday playing.

TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! I hear the birds singing. I see the sun shining on my garage. I see the blue sky. It’s Friday in Las Vegas, with a busy weekend planned. I’ll stay home unless I have a meeting or need to go to the store. I have too much to do to make unnecessary trips. I have more to do then I can accomplish in a two-day weekend. On a three-day weekend I could get more accomplished, but couldn’t do everything. There just isn’t enough time in a seven-day week to accomplish everything.

TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! I can relax a little and consider next week’s goals. I have to have a blood test on Wednesday morning at 8:00 AM. I have to get a set of house keys to my nephew in Henderson. I want to sit and listen to birds singing all week long; however, that isn’t possible. Even if it were possible, I’d get tired of sitting and listening to the birds sing all week long. All things in moderation this is a good philosophy.
TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! This is also another good philosophy, as is take time to do something out-of-the-ordinary. The weekend approaches, Saturday is time to review the past week. Sunday is the time to set next weeks goals. Friday is time to take a deep breath and shout, “Praise the Lord, it’s Friday.”

TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! I have enough coffee to last the weekend. I have enough Dr. Pepper to last the weekend. I have enough food in the house to last the weekend. I put the mop to soak in bleach water, but I don’t think I’ll be able to salvage it. I’ll have to put in a new mop head before I can mop the floors. I have two new mop heads in the broom closet, so I can mop the floors without going to the store for another mop head.

TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! All I have to do today is find Mom’s toothbrushes between writing and house cleaning. She may loose something else before the day is over, but that is expected. For now, Mom isn’t angry because I’m sweeping floors, which she believes is her job; however, she forgets she is going to sweep the floor. Mom planned her Friday last night, but I suspect she has forgotten what she planned to do.

TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday! I’m going to use the camera in my cell phone to take a picture this weekend. I bought the phone on Memorial Day, but didn’t take a picture of anything. I wanted a cell phone with a camera so I could take picture. Now that I have one I haven’t taken a picture yet. TGIF, Thank God, it’s Friday!

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699574-Thank-God-its-Friday