*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699695-An-interrupted-free-write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#699695 added June 20, 2010 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
An interrupted free write
Word count: 506

Illegal to spell the coffee


It should be illegal to spell coffee, which was a comment my mother made a few months ago. I kept that part of the comment hoping to do something with it. I haven’t written on it, so today I’m going to do a free write exercise on spilling coffee.

Spilling is a waste! The coffee falls on the ground or the counter top and since it’s liquid you can’t use the three second rule. The three-second rule states, “It takes three seconds for germs on the ground to reach the food dropped”. All right, that probably isn’t true, but it sounds plausible if a person doesn’t think about it.

Spilling coffee is a waste of a good or a bad cup of Joe. Actually, if it is a bad cup of Joe you can pour it on the plants rather then spill it or dump it down the drain. Some plants seem to need the acid or something in the coffee. I know my grand mother used coffee ground on her plants. I’m not sure which plants she put the coffee grounds on because I was a child and not interested in that sort of thing.

After the Interruption


This started out to be a free write on coffee, waste and the reason it’s difficult to make wasting stuff illegal. I was interrupted, stopped the free write, and I can’t find my train of thought. Since I intended this entry to contain at least 500 words, I’m going to continue writing.

It’s about 9:32:38 AM Pacific Time now. I have other things to do today, so I can’t start this document over. I’m going to use what I’ve written on one subject and continue with another free write on the interruption. I’m going to have to deal with a lot of interruption for the next eleven or so years.

I was interrupted because my mother wanted breakfast and didn’t know what she was “allowed” to eat. Despite the fact that Mom is on a low fiber diet she isn’t forbidden to eat anything. I read labels, so I know approximately how much fiber is in the food. The two items Mom shouldn’t eat is applesauce and apple juice, it gives her diarrhea.

Everything she eats should have less then 3 grams of dietary fiber. I can make sure the bread and her cereal only 1 or 2 grams of dietary fiber, I can’t always guarantee that is the case. Everyday I give Mom a packet of orangey smelling powder that hardens her stool. That helps 95% of the time and I deal with the other 5% as necessary.

In fact it’s time for another interruption, so that I can mix the powder and convince her to drink the stuff. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and sometime it’s difficult to convince her to take her medication. Sometimes it takes 5 to 10 minutes to get her to take her meds. At other times there is not problem, she takes them without a fuss.


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699695-An-interrupted-free-write