*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700134-Saturday-Thoughts-on-Goal-Achievements
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#700134 added June 26, 2010 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Saturday Thoughts on Goal Achievements
Word count: 532

Saturday, the first day of the weekend and the end of the week, is goals review time. Saturday, June 26, 2010, is the last Saturday in June and a time to look back over the goals of the month of June and determine the strategies that worked and did not work. One strategy that worked is prayer and one that did not work is procrastination.

In the upcoming week and month, I have to plan a daily menu so that Mom and I have at least one nourishing meal a day. Have someone from the Adult Care agency stay with Mom at least one day a week so that I can get out of the house by myself. Attempt to set a daily housecleaning and writing schedule, which takes my osteoarthritis pain and stiffness into account. The schedule also has to include the interruptions that occur when Mom forgets where she put her glasses and other items.

I think I need to set myself a regular bedtime, I know I am not sleeping well. I fall asleep on the couch, which is not good for the osteoarthritis in my right knee. Of course, sleeping in a bed does not help it much either, but at least in bed I can stretch the right leg out. Stretching it out cause pain and wakes me up; however, this is much better then attempting to walk after falling asleep sitting up on the couch.

One thing, I do not have to worry about is my cell phone service. Yesterday I extended the service for another 60 days and 300 minutes, which gives me about 94 days and 554 minutes (I received 100 minutes free for adding minutes in the first 30 days).

Another thing I need to do is ignore the things my Mother says to herself because it just depresses and upsets me. Mom cannot help saying “I may as well throw these glasses away.” or “I am not going to eat anything else today.” Mom cannot help saying these things when she talks to herself, any more then she can help believing someone threw the items away she cannot find. It is all part of the Alzheimer’s disease. If it gets too much for me, I can go outside, sit in my car and cry.

Mom is not going to like the idea of someone coming in to sit with her while I am away, but she cannot stay by herself more then thirty minutes to an hour at a time. It takes longer then that to drive to Walgreens to pick up her medication. It takes longer then that to drive to Smith Food and Drug to pick up my medication and the Smith’s store is closer then Walgreens.

I seem to be rambling; I have a habit lately of starting a subject and then going off in a completely different direction. I do not know why I do this. I can write a blog ad and stick to the subject; however, when it comes to entries in this journal or Writing My spiritual Journey I ramble and even rant. I am going to have to figure out the reason for this.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700134-Saturday-Thoughts-on-Goal-Achievements