*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701129-At-the-Laundromat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#701129 added July 8, 2010 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
At the Laundromat
Word count: 549

I went to the laundromat this morning, while there I noticed the way the machine dispenses soap, bleach, and fabric softener into the wash load. All the machines are front loaders, so the cloths go into the machine from the front, but the soap and other powders or liquids go into the dispenser on top of the machine. After the water runs into the machine, the powders or liquids in the dispenser go into the wash load.

There is only one hole to allow all the liquids to go into the wash. I poured the powder into the dispenser and watched as it went into the wash. Once the soap has begun to form suds, a light goes on informing the person doing laundry to add the bleach. As the bleach dispenses into the wash load, more water is running into the machine. The washer now goes through the wash cycle.

When it is time for the rinse the washer pauses, so this is where I add the fabric softener. After I added the fabric softener, I watch it run down into the hole that dispensed it into the machine. Then I went to the next washer and did the same thing.

When I go to the laundromat, I usually have three baskets of cloths. I take all three baskets into the laundromat, and then I begin putting the cloths in the washers. I place the first load into the washer, cloths the door, put the money in, make sure the water temperature is set properly, and then put my soap in. This is my routine each time I go to the laundromat.

Usually I get three washers next to each other. After I have the last load washing, I go to the soda machine and by two sodas, one for Mom and one for me. By now, the first machine is ready for the fabric softener. I go from machine to machine putting in the fabric softener. After that I sit down and wait for the machines to finish.

At the laundromat, I go to a person gets free dry for each machine. While I am waiting, the attendant gives me six quarter; two for each load of cloths. This will dry a small load in twenty minutes. If a person has a medium load, then they get three quarter and a large load the attendant gives those four quarters. There is a three-load maximum for this policy and since I only do three load, my drying is free.

I used to do four or five loads at a time, but the stress of carrying that many baskets to the car from the house and from the car to the laundromat is too much. I very seldom have to carry all three baskets back to the car because there is always someone there who will help me and carry my baskets to the car.

Even if the free dry policy changes, I am not going to go to another laundromat because this one is closest to my house. In addition, it has parking in the back with an entrance next to the parking. It is easier for me to carry the cloths in that way then to park in front and lug the baskets across the parking lot.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701129-At-the-Laundromat