*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701601-Living-and-Working-in-Hell
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#701601 added July 15, 2010 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Living and Working in Hell
Word count: 503

It is official; the temperature in Las Vegas is now Hot as Hell. Today there is an excessive heat warning because the temperature will top 114 degrees. This morning, I went to the doctor this morning, she gave me a new prescription for my thyroid meds. The prescription is still in my purse because it is too hot to go to the pharmacy this afternoon.

After I left my doctor, I took Mom to her doctor for a vitamin B12 shot. Then we came home. I will take my prescription to the pharmacy in the morning when it is cooler. Since I have to get dishwashing liquid and a couple of other things, the prescription should be ready before I leave the store. I still have two pills left in the old prescription. My biggest worry is not my meds, but my car. I hope it continues running for the next two or three weeks because I do not know, how I would get to work without it.

Fortunately, yesterday (July 14, 2010) I bought two cases of water when I went to the store for the bread and coffee. I also picked up the Senior Food allotment for Mom and myself. We have enough food to last for a while and there is a couple of steaks and a pork roast in the freezer. I think I will defrost the pork roast, cut it up and put it in the slow cooker with onions, garlic and potatoes or some cans of veggies. The pork roast will make a good cold soup or I can warm it up in the fry pan.

The Microwave does not work properly and it has nothing to do with operator error. The power level button is out, so the Microwave is working on low power. Since we do not have a working stovetop or over, which is no loss in this heat, we are going to have to use the slow cooker or the fry pan to fix meals. We have a lot of powdered milk, so I will make a pitcher of milk to drink or put on cereal. In this heat, anything cold will help keep us cool.

I am not looking forward to the next power bill, I have seen the one due on August 6 and that is about $312, I have no idea what the next bill is going to be and I am not even going to guess. All I can hope is that between the hours I am working and anything I make online we have enough to pay the bill.

The excessive heat warning is supposed to last for the next couple of days. I am going to have to do laundry, which means going to the laundromat. I am not happy about that, but I can do about it right now. I need to have the pipes behind the washer fixed because the outlet pipe is too short and it overflows when the washer empties between wash cycles.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701601-Living-and-Working-in-Hell