*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701879-Life-is-a-learning-experience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#701879 added July 19, 2010 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Life is a learning experience
Word count: 581

They say, the secret of youth, a person should learn something new each day. If that is the case, then I am getting younger each day because I am learning something each day. Lately my education concerns my mother or me.

Perhaps I should change the title of this entry because just forgot where that last paragraph was going. I am not going to start over again because I do not have time. This entry need at least 500 words, therefore, I am going to continue writing. I hope to keep the theme of the entry if not the subject. I also hope to post this before 9:00 PM Pacific Time.

I realized this morning, that I am dealing with a spoiled child. I know that the problem is Alzheimer’s disease; Mom is only going to get worse. I have to get used to the situation while encouraging Mom to do things on her own. This is not going to be easy, but then education is never easy.

Life is a learning experience for the soul. The tests and difficulties encountered, while the soul lives with the body on this material plain, develop the soul and assist its growth. Tests and difficulties encourage spiritual development of the individual.

I am going to have to check Mom’s bathroom on a regular basis. She washes her panties out in the sink and leaves the hot or the cold-water running. Mom forgets to turn the water off, so the sink fills up. So far, it has not overflowed, but I suspect that is only a matter of time. I will just have to deal with that when and if the time comes.

Mom forgets to do a lot, which means I have to do it. Reminding Mom does no good because she gets angry if she thinks she forgot. Mom thinks she cleans the cat litter when she does not. Since I only have three cats left, I do not want to find another home for them, but I may have no choice.

Mom is not going to like giving the cats away. However, I am going to have to what I think best because it is not fair to the cats. I have to think about their welfare, Mom’s welfare, and mine. If Mom does not see the cats, or forgets she saw them, then she thinks I gave them away. Mom becomes angry when she believes I gave the cats away.

There simply is not time enough in a single day to do everything. Everyday it is the same routine over and over, Mom loses something and she gets angry; I stop what I am doing to help her find the item. Eventually we find the item, but by that time, it is time for me to get ready to go to work or somewhere else.

I am weary. I need to learn to let go. I cannot do everything. Sometimes I simply want to give up. Giving up is not an option, just a random thought coming into a weary mind. I do not sleep well. I am tired most of the time. I am not eating properly. I want a vacation and I am not going to get a vacation.

I am weary. I am struggling to write 500 words. I hope that when I get to the end of a paragraph or sentence it is 500 words. Life is a learning experience and I am working on my doctorate.



© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/701879-Life-is-a-learning-experience