*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702027-Conspiracy-Theories-and-2012
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#702027 added July 21, 2010 at 8:41pm
Restrictions: None
Conspiracy Theories and 2012
Word count: 550

I read the Spiritual Newsletter for Wednesday, July 21, 2010 and decided to do a search on conspiracy theories. I admit, I enjoy reading about conspiracy theories. I also admit that I have personally known people who were, and perhaps still are, convinced that one or the other of the conspiracy theories is the unsugarcoated true.

I Googled conspiracy theories and found an intriguing article about 2012. The intriguing article, “2012 is Coming!” by James Paul Wagner, gives the reader some interesting information concerning why 2012 is a threat to human civilization as we know it.

There are two main predictions about the events of 2012. One group thinks it will be the end of the world. The other group believes that a spiritual renewal or consciousness rebirth will occur. As a writer of fantasy and science fiction, I like the end of the world theory. As a human being and spiritual person, the other theory attracts me.

Some intriguing information about 2012 concerns an intense cycle of solar storms or a “Solar Max” is expected. December 21, 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. The article gave just enough information to make me want to know more, I enjoyed the reading this article even the part about need to send $47.00 to get all the information required to survive 2012.

What do I think is going to happen in 2012? I do not believe the world will end. In fact, I believe Earth will continue to exist for the next 500,000 years or more. I believe that humanity is approaching a spiritual revival and that events occurring for the next couple of years will encourage humanity’s spiritual revival.

I have heard and read many theories about 2012. I believe that 2012 will become a pivotal point in the history of the planet. I will probably write an end of the world story about 2012, but that does not mean I believe the world will end at that time. I enjoy reading end of the world stories. I enjoy seeing end of the world movies. I think I would enjoy writing an end of the world story.

As for December 21, 2012, I knew someone who said that the Mayan calendar maker might have died the night he carved that section of the calendar. The calendar maker died without telling anyone, even his apprentice, about his plans for going beyond the last carved date. This is an interesting theory and probably makes as much sense as anything else.

I think we should organize a planet wide end of the world party for December 21, 2012. Encourage person on the planet to call into work well and attend a local event.

Perhaps I am not taking the end of the world as seriously as I should, but as I said, I do not believe the world will actually end. True I thank that some catastrophic events will occur between now and December 21, 2012. These events will occur because of humanity’s lack of respect for Earth, as well as to encourage the spiritual transformation of the human race. I believe humanity and the earth will survive 2012. The future is bright as long as we do not give up hope and work toward healing the planet physically and humanity spiritually.


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702027-Conspiracy-Theories-and-2012