*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702154-Story-or-Poem-starters-and-Ideas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#702154 added July 23, 2010 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Story or Poem starters and Ideas
Word count: 511

Mayonnaise Sandwiches
Memories from a childhood of poverty


“We were so poor,” Rachael said looking at Michael, “that we couldn’t afford meat for our sandwiches. Therefore, instead of taking a baloney sandwich to school, we took Mayonnaise sandwiches.”

Conversation with My Mother
Who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease


Not sure where I am going with this one, but I think I will write down a conversation with Mom and go from there. I could also eaves drop on one of Mom’s conversations with herself. I could take several different approaches I could take on this one. I have to decide whether I was to write a fiction or non-fiction story.

The Mystery of the Missing dishpan
Mom put the dishpan away and I can’t find it


I needed two new dishpans anyway. I may have to get a new one, if I cannot find the one my mother carried off into another room. The last time I saw this dishpan, Mom was washing some cloths out in the kitchen. I would like to find the dishpan this week because I cannot get a new one until next week.

Ode to a new Coffee Scoop


The new coffee scoop is made of metal and not plastic like the last scoop. I still do not know what happened to the plastic coffee scoop. I may or may not find it somewhere in the house. I do not think Mom put it away; therefore, someone could have thrown out with the last empty coffee can. I think I am going to like the new scoop better because it is so pretty and shiny.

My Grandmother always wore a hat to church
Memories from my childhood


I am going to describe one of Grandma Newlands Sunday go to Meeting hats. Grandma always wore a hat to church not matter what day of the week she went. I do not remember how many hat Grandma had, but to a child it seemed like millions. I think she only had three or four.

Blackwell, Oklahoma and the Zinc Smelter


I am going to have to do some research on this subject. This is an environmental essay or story. I think I may attempt an essay because of the difficulties some of the folks in Blackwell are having as a results of Zinc pollution. I have to research the effects of Zinc and its byproducts on the human body because I think some of my health problems may be due the pollution caused by the Zinc Smelter.

Writing 500 Words a Day


This essay contains some thoughts on the difficulties and rewards of writing 500 words a day. I think I will put in some of the roadblocks and how I overcome these. I think I will free write the first draft and see how far I get.

Making Spanish rice
Comparing my Spanish rice to my Grandmother’s


Grandma made Spanish rice with tomato sauces and no jalapeƱos. She used ground beef and sometimes put in diced tomatoes. I make Spanish rice with Salsa and sometimes put in jalapeƱos.


© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702154-Story-or-Poem-starters-and-Ideas