*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702739-Strive-to-write-every-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#702739 added July 30, 2010 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
Strive to write every day
Word count: 591

July is ending. July was a difficult month in which to write. In July, I struggled to write everything. Some days I did not achieve the minimum word count goal and other days I exceeded the minimum. Sometimes I did not know what I was going to write. Sometimes I knew exactly what to write.

July is ending. July was a stressful month. Mom did not like the idea of someone staying with her while I worked. Mom spent most of July complaining about something. Mom spent most of July say “Crap”, she got upset with me when I ask “What is the problem?” I am going to stop asking that question. I think when someone says “Crap” there is a problem, but I could be wrong. Anyway, in August, I will attempt to avoid saying “What is the problem?” when Mom says “Crap”.

July is ending. The humidity is rising and Mom just said “Crap” again. I will not ask, “What is the problem?” I will take a deep breath, pick up my cup of iced coffee and go see what the problem is, but I will not ask the question. I still do not know what the problem is, I do know that Mom did not say “Crap” before the Alzheimer’s disease struck. Therefore, whatever the issues is it must be part of whatever Mom is angry or upset over.

July is ending. I am beginning to dislike the word “Crap”. There was a time when my response would be “You do and you clean it up yourself.” However, now the word just sends chills up my spine. I think my sense of humor is as good as ever, it is just that the over use of the dreaded C word is playing on my nerves. At this point, I would not mind any other cuss word or four-letter word. I just do not want to hear “Crap!” Perhaps, “Mom I love you.” would be a better response the “What is the problem?”

July is ending. August is coming. The humidity will continue to rise. The temperature will continue to rise. I need a vacation. I need a day in the park. I need to go to a poetry reading. I need to go out by myself and leave Mom at home with someone to watch over her. I need to teach Mom a new cuss word because “Crap” is becoming every other word in Mom’s vocabulary. I am tired of the “Crap”.

July is ending. Today I found something that Mom enjoys. I bought Mom her first Starbucks frappacinno (I hope that is how to spell the word). Mom loved the drink. Mom did not say the C word all the time she was enjoying the drink. Of course, I will take her to Starbucks again for another because despite the cost, it is worth the price not to hear the C word of a little while. Some things in life are priceless and this is one of them.

July is ending. I am beginning to suspect my mother is jealous of me or rather some of the things I have. This has to be part of the Alzheimer’s because she was not jealous before she began suffering from the disease. I have a red tote bag someone gave me. Every time Mom sees it, she ask who it belongs to and then gets upset because she does not think she has anything that nice. I am going to have to find a red tote bag for Mom.



© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702739-Strive-to-write-every-day