*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702903-This-is-why-I-write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#702903 added August 1, 2010 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
This is why I write
Word count: 543

I have to write, I have no other choice except to sit down at a computer and begin typing words and sentence into a document. Sometime my insistent self, my inner critic, my terror (whatever you want to call that part of me that is afraid I will reveal the true me) tells my I cannot write.

I have to write, I have to reveal the inner my, my spirit, my soul, the other part of my duality. This part does not fear rejection, does not fear success, and does not fear anything because she places her entire self into the hands of God, but the other part of my duality is afraid of everything.

I have to write about my inner self the part of me that is my soul because I reflect the attributes of God. I cannot reflect these attributes unless I do battle with insistent self, with the part of me that fears transformation and change.

I have to write about being human. I have to write about my duality. I am a human being and I have a body that is part of physical creation. I am a human being and I have a soul that is a gift of God. I have to write about these two parts of me because they make me what I am. The battle between the human duality makes me what I am today.

I have to write about the struggle to become my true self. I have to write about the interaction of body and spirit. Sometimes I write stories and sometimes I write poems. Sometimes I write fantasy and sometimes I write science fiction, but I have to write.

I am compelled to put thoughts on paper and to type thoughts into a document. I am compelled to write. I have no other choice because if I do not write I am not developing my spiritual attribute. I am compelled to write because creativity is a spiritual attribute.

I have to write just as I have to eat and say prayers. If I do not eat, my body will die. If I do not say prayers, my soul will not eat and then it will die. If I do not write my talent will die.

I have to write poetry. I have to write stories. I have to write blog ads. I have to write what ever comes to mind. I have to sit aside a specific time of day to write. If interrupted, I have to return after I handle the problem.

Sometimes I do not want to stop when interrupted, but I have to stop. I have to stop writing because Mom misplaces her glasses or earrings and cries because she cannot find them. When we find the glasses or the earrings then I return to writing.

Interruptions are good because after the interruption I have to refocus and reread what I have written. This is when I realize a story has taken a different turn from my intentions. After the interruption, I find that I did not include a piece of important information. After the interruption, I realize the chapter is ending and I need to begin another chapter. After the interruption, I have to continue writing.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/702903-This-is-why-I-write