*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703682-Doing-laundry-with-a-plunger
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#703682 added August 11, 2010 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
Doing laundry with a plunger
Word count: 595

I have found myself doing laundry in a bucket with a plunger. I cannot use my washing machine because the drainpipe overflows in the spin cycle. This means I have to go to the laundromat or do the laundry by hand at home. However, you cannot get cloths as clean that way as in a washer. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty getting to the laundromat.

First, I had a problem with the car. Then I had a problem getting cash to do the laundry with and now I have a problem with time. I do not remember what the happen Monday to prevent me from going to laundromat; however, since I did not go there must have been something. On Tuesday, Mom had an appointment with the doctor and after her appointment; we went to Angel Food Ministries to order some boxes of meat and veggies.

Today, Mom and I took some paperwork to RAGE, to see if they will assist in getting Mom’s bathroom fitted with a handicapped shower. If I hire a contractor or subcontractor, it will cost me either $15,000 or $9,800; either way the money is difficult to acquire. I would rather hire someone to do it because I could say what I wanted and get it, but with money tight that may not be possible.

Anyway, this morning Mom and I went to the bank for a printout of her account and then we went to the RAGE office. After that, we went to the Culinary Pension office because Mom had to sign a paper stating she was still alive and living in the United States.

On Thursday, I take Mom to the doctor’s office to get a vitamin B12 shot (I know there was a good reason she did not get the shot Tuesday, I just do not know what it was). After she gets the shot, I am taking her to the beauty parlor to get her hair washed and cut. After the she gets her hair done then we pick up her medication. By the time we get back home, I will fix something to eat, but I will be in no condition to go to the laundromat.

I still do not have a working the air conditioner in my car, so driving in the afternoon is out of the question especially since Mom has to go with me, wherever I go.

On Friday, I have an appointment to see someone about setting up a trust and a living will. I need to get that done as soon as possible because Mom is 89 years old and I am not getting any younger myself. In addition, I have to go to the Clinic for a blood test. I will do that either Thursday or Friday. My appointment on Friday is not until 10:00 AM and the Clinic opens at 8:00 AM; the only problem there is that I cannot eat breakfast before I have the blood test.

Anyway, back to doing laundry in a bucket with a plunger. I found out about this method from an ex-con I know (I have some interesting friends and acquaintances). Apparently, it is the agitation that get close clean in a washer, so washing the laundry in a bucket with a plunger agitates the cloths and gets them cleaner then washing them by hand.

I am going to end up going to the laundromat on Saturday and Sunday, unless something else comes up. I am also going to be writing half the night to meet all my deadlines. Life is weird.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703682-Doing-laundry-with-a-plunger