*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704587
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#704587 added August 25, 2010 at 1:08am
Restrictions: None
Rice Injury Kept Under Wraps?
Sidney Rice has broken his silence about his decision to have surgery on an ailing body part just weeks before the start of the season. Profootballtalk.com has conjured up a conspiracy theory that suggests the wide receiver kept quiet about needing to go under the knife until they had the ol' QB in the fold...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/24/sidney-rice-says-dallas-is-still...

It's quite possible Favre would have kept his chips in his pocket if he knew he was being dealt one less ace with a decimated receiving corps. Bringing in Javon Walker was supposed to remedy any concerns Favre might have now? Maybe Favre hasn't followed his former teammate's career since 2004.

I still don't see a problem with the offensive might of the Vikings without their tall receiver. Just run the ball more and use more short passes and double tight end sets. Besides, it may have been more about Favre making a star out of Rice who never blossomed until his breakout year in 2009.

Time will tell, but I think the gunslinger will manage without one of his weapons.


© Copyright 2010 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704587