*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706030-New-Smooth-Scroll----plus-Scrollbots
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#706030 added September 14, 2010 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
New "Smooth" Scroll -- plus Scrollbots!
Along with the post I just added "New Emoticons + Sorting!, I also wanted to make note in the News blog that I've rewritten the workings of our Scrolling Messages* system to make it much "smoother". The pages no longer jump and refresh on a set schedule. Instead, the page checks with the server for new messages behind the scenes and when it finds there are new scroll posts, it updates the existing page -- updating, rather than reloading the page eliminates that annoying momentary "blink of blankness" while the new page loads. The system is now able to check for new messages on the scroll more often also leading to a much better experience. *Smile*

Plus, our automated ScrollBots and their simple puzzle games are well known for their appearances during holidays and special events... giving away tons of Gift Points. The great news is that they'll have hanging in scroll full time. While the prizes and frequency will be a bit less than during holidays and events, the bots will be working overtime to give away Gift Points all day, every day.

(And don't forget to check out the post I made just prior to this one, "New Emoticons + Sorting!.)

Enjoy,
~~SM

* Scrolling Messages is accessed by opening the Instant Messenger. Click the in the left column to open our IM console and Scrolling Messages.


© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/706030-New-Smooth-Scroll----plus-Scrollbots